November 21, 2017, 06:31:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Go Seahawks ! ..huh Viv?  (Read 5618 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »

OK, Desmond, who is James Finch?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2006, 08:09:17 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
OK, Desmond, who is James Finch?

I'm not Desmond, but I can answer that!  He's the owner of Phoenix Racing, who run full-time in the Busch Series and part-time in the Cup Series.  I think Desmond was alluding to what NASCAR did to his Busch team at Talladega last year.  They found something in the carbureter AFTER the race and disqualifed and fined the team and driver (Johnny Sauter for that race).  I think the crew chief was suspended as well.  All indications were, it was pretty much a trumped up charge just to make an example of one of the non big-money teams.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2006, 09:24:09 PM »

Desmond wrote:

And one more thing: Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren had been critical of the officials all season. He was even handed an unusual punishment earlier, when he was not allowed to have the NFL look at tapes of controversial calls. I don't think the league forgot on Sunday. Ask James Finch what that's like.

That makes a lot of sense to me.  Even when they said that Mike remembered that one official and the official remembered him from when he coached high school. (I think they said high school) and they wondered how 2 people could remember each other from so long ago.  Weird...I think Mike was a victim in that show.

BTW, I saw a clip on the news this morning from a late night show that Ben Rothlisberger was on and he was laughing as he said he didn't think the ball was over the line and told his coach that.  So they know that the officials gave them the win.  They now have the prestige even though it was given erronously, so drink it up and soak in the $$$$.

Isn't all sports about the $$$$ these days?Huh??
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 05:47:25 PM »

Let me correct Cheryl.  The carburetor controversy occurred after Texas, not Talladega.  Sauter, who finished 18th, was stripped of his points and money from the race.  In addition, Finch was fined an additional amount.

Also, some say that a related interview with NASCAR's Robin Pemberton was the downfall of NASCAR Nation.  Two months after that, the show became the abomination we all grew to hate. :smt078

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:06 PM »

OK, kids, thanks for refreshing my memory. I did feel at the time that Finch was indeed a victim.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: