November 24, 2017, 08:16:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Go Seahawks ! ..huh Viv?  (Read 5630 times)
Vivian
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:17:45 PM »

Hey, hey, hey!  Yep, I say "Go Seahawks", but not necessarialy because of their or my location.  I just like 'em.  However, I am really, really saying "Go, Denver, Go!!!" because I really want them in the Super Bowl.

I'm gonna miss football after this weekend.  But motorcyle racing is moving right along now so I can also say "Go, Bubba, show 'em how it is done!"  (James Stewart & Kawasaki)  Oh, I watched some Canadian moto cross last night and the course was incredible up in Joliet...great racing also.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 01:58:35 PM »

Personally, I'm not going to miss football at all.  I've had more than enough of it since racing ended (and since it's the only other sport I like much anymore).  But I wouldn't ever call myself a big football fan.  And, I have almost NO interest in the playoffs now.  I didn't have much before since my team or Lou's didn't make them; however, something just doesn't seem right when Indianapolis can have an almost perfect season and get knocked out in the first round.  To me, whoever is left just doesn't seem to be the teams who should be contending for the world championship (or whatever they call it in football).    JMHO...

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:27:01 PM »

I just dread so much basketball being on now.  I can watch a game in person but not interested in the ones on tv.

29 more days til Daytona speed weeks...
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 11:52:41 PM »

Don't forget the Rolex later this month. Is Tony gonna run again this year?
 Besides, you can stay up all night watching the Rolex, if you want to! :-D

PS-Watch out for Big Ben and The Bus!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 02:35:57 AM »

Dick, it is so good to have you back on a regular basis.  I smile when I think of how much better you must be feeling.

Yep, I will watch out for both Big Ben and the Bus.  But I think we can overcome them.  I watched an interview with Jake today from Denver and that town is so excited about Sunday.  Their tailgate party starts at 9:30 and the temp is supposed to be 26 degrees.  But when they interviewed Governor Owens today, he said he will be there and appropriately dressed in the orange and blue.  You know, I think it may even be cool if there are two quarterbacks named Jake in the Super Bowl.  But Seattle still tugs on my heart strings so...... :?
Fenderbender
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 03:13:35 AM »

Seadogs 31
 Kitty cats 24

Denver 38
Pitt       27
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 01:47:50 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Besides, you can stay up all night watching the Rolex, if you want to! :-D

Not unless SPEED is going to show ALL 24 hours like they did that one year (which we did stay up for most of it).  But since that time (and when Fox took over), they've only shown a few hours during the day and then on Sunday morning.  Big loss to the network if you ask me.  I'd be MORE inclined to watch it all night long just for the novelty of it (cause there sure isn't much racing).

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »

Since I was at the race last year, I didn't realize that Speed did not do the whole 24 hours. We saw part of it in the infield building where we had food etc. But I didn't know how much was live. Lots of fun, at the race, by the way. Cheesy

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »

Couple of things:
--Yes, Viv, Tony Stewart is driving in the Rolex 24 again.  Also competing are NASCAR's Rusty Wallace and Casey Mears; IndyCar stars Danica Patrick, Dan Wheldon, Buddy Rice, and Scott Sharp; and Champ Car drivers Sebastian Bourdais and Paul Tracy.  Adrian Fernandez and Michel Jourdain Jr., who have both made the transition from open-wheel to NASCAR, will also be on the track.
--Speed Channel will have 13 hours of coverage, which I believe is slightly less than last year.  I agree with Cheryl that the channel is not taking it that seriously.  Otherwise, it would have enough personnel on hand to cover the whole race.  The MDA telethon is, what, 20 straight hours?
--Championship game picks: both home teams, Broncos and Seahawks.
--Speaking of the Super Bowl, did you know that Roger Penske (owner of #2 and #12 cars) is president of the host city organizing committee?  Here is the committee's web site:
http://www.sbxl.org

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »

Sorry cheryl speed will only be televiseing the same amount of the race that they did last year they will not televise all 24 hours.

You know that really surprises me that they don't cause they could have real big ratings with all the nascar stars in it plus danica patrick will be in the race so it really surprises me they don't televise all of it.

Maybe speed and fox just don't have the manpower to televise all 24 hours.

Or maybe fox doesn't want the speed channel to televise all 24 hours cause then fox may have to spend more money than they want to.
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 09:23:11 PM »

Des, it was Dick that asked if Tony was running.  I already knew as I keep close tabs on 'Smoke'.  Thanks though cause I forgot to answer his question.   Wink   Do you think Speed only shows some of what they determine to be the most popular driver runs?

Back to the Denver thing, watched Archie Manning being interviewed this morning in Denver (he is there to promote that new Master Card thing where you just tap a scan type thing and it picks up the charge) and he also predicts Denver to beat Pittsburg.  That make me feel better cause I am nervous about this game.  Yep, I get just as excited and nervous about football as I do about racing. :smt107
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 11:30:44 PM »

Vivian, last year, Tony was the highlight of the race till he broke, at least as far as I was concerned. He and that MAD MAX fella were racing hard, even early on.

As far as Fox and Manpower to do the race is concerned, they actually do televise it all 24 hrs, although some of it apparently is for closed circuit only,I guess.

Does anyone remember when the last Superbore was in Detroit? I do, and I thought that it was a joke. Some friends of mine went and did their usual winter activity--(mostly involving the consumption of way too much alcoholic beveridge). :-D   Of course, we were having a particularly cold winter that year,.... :-D

William James
Vivian
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 02:52:32 AM »

I remember the last SB in Detroit.  It was a bummer, huh?  I almost went.  The only one I ever did go to was at Stanford and we arrived very early and stayed til way after everyone else left.  I just was absorbing the glory of it all since my '9'ers won that year.  I had even stopped in Reno and placed a bet on the game and won about $76.  It was neat.  We went for drinks at the motel lounge afterwards with everyone who was on the shuttle bus and my girlfriend got so sick after drinking so much champagne.  I always was a designated driver type drinker even if we wern't driving at that particular time.  Anyway, she was up all night with her head over the toilet and Don was mad at me cause she and I were the ones with the tickets and he didn't get to go.

You know, I am kind of excited about this Super Bowl even if it isn't going to be in a choice stadium or dome.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I remember the last SB in Detroit.  It was a bummer, huh?  I almost went.  The only one I ever did go to was at Stanford and we arrived very early and stayed til way after everyone else left.  I just was absorbing the glory of it all since my '9'ers won that year.  I had even stopped in Reno and placed a bet on the game and won about $76.  It was neat.  We went for drinks at the motel lounge afterwards with everyone who was on the shuttle bus and my girlfriend got so sick after drinking so much champagne.  I always was a designated driver type drinker even if we wern't driving at that particular time.  Anyway, she was up all night with her head over the toilet and Don was mad at me cause she and I were the ones with the tickets and he didn't get to go.

You know, I am kind of excited about this Super Bowl even if it isn't going to be in a choice stadium or dome.

Vivian, that is a great story. My middle daughter was a big 49 er fan back then. I think she had a crush on Joe Montana. :-D
 Anyhow, back in 1985, we set a record low temp for today at ---24F. The Bengals played San Diego for the Conf. championship at Cincinnati, and it was really, really cold. I didn't go to that game, no way.

William James
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 04:02:19 PM »

Wow, like I said, look out for Big Ben and The Bus. Should be a good super bowl. :shock:

William James
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: