November 23, 2017, 12:12:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boogity ad nauseum  (Read 1970 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: January 18, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »

There is a poll on the Fox website where DW has his column, wondering whether or not DW should continue the boogity thing. Perhaps Cheryl can do the link. I voted no but so far the yes folks are leading,....oh well. :shock:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:07:58 PM »

Here is the address for the Fox Sports poll:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5256986

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »

I voted no.  Wonder if we use different computers - like friends or at work - and vote if we can gain on them?
sally
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »

I'm doing all I can do to help!  I wonder if we go back intermittantly we can keep voting NO!

sal
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I voted no.  Wonder if we use different computers - like friends or at work - and vote if we can gain on them?

Good idea, but my computer at home died a couple of weeks ago. Guess I better get another one, and, vote, vote vote! :-D

William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 03:12:51 PM »

I voted once and that's all I'm bothering with this year.  Fox is going to do whatever they want regardless of how many viewers despise that stupid saying.  

:evil:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »

There is even a bit more to the "Boogity" story, gang. I was listening to XM comedy channel the other day and heard what COULD be the origin of this asinine mumblung on DW's part.
 A comic by the name of Jerry Clower was telling about a football game in which one of the oficials made a serious mistake. Clower is a good ole boy from deep in Mississippi whose career supposedly began as a result of his story telling ability as a fertilizer salesman. Honest, this is what he says. He really is pretty funny.
 Anyhow, after the bad call some one or some thing, according to Clower, "boogity, boogity, boogitied" from one point on the field to another, and then he goes on with the story.
 When I heard this, I about gagged, thinking that maybe DW had heard this little routine too.
  Like I said, Clower is pretty funny, and a lot more entertaining than DW anyhow. :-D  :-D

William James
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 09:29:47 PM »

Dick, I have listened to Jerry Clower before.  And  he used to be on Hee Haw sometimes.  He is funny.  Reminds me a lot of my Dad.

But Cheryl is right.  Fox is gonna do whatever they want regardless of what fans really want.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 11:27:09 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Dick, I have listened to Jerry Clower before.  And  he used to be on Hee Haw sometimes.  He is funny.  Reminds me a lot of my Dad.

But Cheryl is right.  Fox is gonna do whatever they want regardless of what fans really want.

Yeah, I know that Cheryl is right. I thought that the Clower story is funny. I hope your dad's dialect and grammer were/are a bit better than Jerry. I cannot even do a credible imitation of the way he talks, but I do think he is funny.

William James
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 02:20:33 AM »

Dick, my Dad had the proper Georgia accent.  So it worked out well.  I know this is a bit off subject, but being a person born & bred in the South, I recognize the fact that the sense of humor is much different back there and I know very well how and why most of the fans back there come to think that DW's BBB is neat.  Keep in mind, I am not bashing the Southerners, just saying I know where they come from because I grew up that way.  Moved to Florida at 13 and I tried very hard to change because I was vain at the time.  But I am proud of my southern heritage and do laugh at a lot of the movies when they try so hard to duplicate the accents.  Back to tv talk now.  DW will keep on saying BBB regardless, just as he will continue to paint his face and color his hair...JMHO and ROTFLMBO... :-D
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 03:30:03 PM »

As luck would have it, Vivian, I just heard Jerry Clower telling about his progression from a fertilizer salesman to making albums on the Decca label. It is a very, very funny story. I've heard it 3 or 4 times and it still cracks me up. Jerry hails from Yazoo City, Mississippi. If you have not heard him tell that story, I hope you can find a recording of it some time. :-D

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 06:57:21 PM »

Thank you, Dick, for mentioning Jerry Clower.

As someone who studies Southern "redneck" culture to keep my character credible, I must say that's valuable information.

DW has admitted that 90 percent of the people he talks to love the phrase.  Obviously, he has never heard from any of us. :evil:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 07:36:32 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
DW has admitted that 90 percent of the people he talks to love the phrase.  Obviously, he has never heard from any of us. :evil:

Of course, folks aren't going to walk right up to him (or even write him) and say "I hate that annoying phrase!"  And if they did, is he really going to listen to them?  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »

Cheryl, you hit the nail on square on the head with that remark.  Maybe we should all just email him?

Of course, folks aren't going to walk right up to him (or even write him) and say "I hate that annoying phrase!" And if they did, is he really going to listen to them?

Yes, I heard the fertilizer salesman story and I knew Jerry was from Yazoo City. BTW, sid you ever watch Hee Haw?  I could have sworn that Jr Samples was impersonating my Dad in both looks and talk.  In fact, a lot of people called my Dad BR549   (Don't know why I am so sentimental about my Dad this week.)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 10:47:40 PM »

Oh Vivian!! You must be the only other person in the world who remembers "BR-549" Remember how ole Junior would kind of hold the sign up and then stumble over his lines? It used to crack me up, so whenever someone would ask me for a number, I would always say BR 549, honest... of course, most of my friends think I'm at least half nuts anyhow! :-D  And that's just my friends!

For those who don't remember HEE HAW, the late Junoir Samples played a very uneducated, unsophisticated farm fella in bib overalls, who had a used car lot, hence the number---BR 549!  "the number to call is.."

Desmond, if you can find a Jerry Clower recording, I'm sure you would enjoy it. LOVE MY xm COMEDY CHANNEL. :-D

William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: