November 23, 2017, 04:09:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knaus Leaving Hendrick??  (Read 3322 times)
shawn
Legend

« on: December 02, 2005, 06:22:15 PM »

Just saw this on Jayski

Knaus leaving Hendrick? hearing [or have leaned] that #48 Hendrick Motorsports crew chief, Chad Knaus will leave the team and driver Jimmie Johnson and go back to Evernham Motorsports [was one of Evernham's fire hires, until moving to #92 Melling team in 2001], then Hendrick Motorsports in 2002 to crew chief Johnson.(12-2-2005)

If this is true, its a big shock.  Wonder how JJ will run w/o Chad calling the shots.

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 07:48:28 PM »

This could be a big deal. I think that Chad has played a major role in Jimmie's success.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 09:53:36 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
This could be a big deal. I think that Chad has played a major role in Jimmie's success.

I agree that their chemistry is a big part of their success.  I wonder if some sort of falling-out happened between the two of them after Chad told him to stay out when JJ knew there was something wrong with that tire at Homestead?  

But it doesn't sound like Jayski is quoting any real source, so who knows how creditable this rumor is?

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:29:08 PM »

When I read that on Jayski, I wondered but then re-read it and when he said
hearing (or have learned)
then I figured it must be true.  There is a difference in those two suppositions.  I also wondered about the last race when he would not call JJ in for the problem and then that led to them dropping so many positions in the chase due to the crash.

Looks like a lot of changes are still going on.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 02:19:59 AM »

Jayski has an updated saying the rumor is false and that Chad he multiple years left on his contract

sally
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 04:54:14 AM »

So did Kurt Busch, Bobby LaBonte, and Jamie McMurry.

Sal
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 06:02:31 PM »

Good point, Sally. Hard to tell what is meaningful and what is not sometimes.
 I did wonder about JJ staying out so long when just about everyone was passing him, but who knows, they could have had a "mysterious caution" and had JJ right back in it.

William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 06:39:44 PM »

I did wonder about JJ staying out so long when just about everyone was passing him, but who knows, they could have had a "mysterious caution" and had JJ right back in it.

It must not have been their day for the mysterious caution!   :lol:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 08:00:20 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"

It must not have been their day for the mysterious caution!   :lol:

Cheryl

Yeah, right, Cheryl, and I need to gain weight and lose hair too!! :-D  :-D

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 06:18:40 PM »

That would be a huge mistake for Hendrick Motorsports.

Let's face it.  Without Knaus, Johnson would not be close to the driver he is today.  Racing is really a team sport, we all know that.

To let one mistake end a relationship like this is incredible.

Not to sound morbid, but if Ricky or John Hendrick were still alive, could this situation get this bad?  Is it really Knaus' fault, or that of the new leadership at Hendrick?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 01:31:38 PM »

From today's Jayski:

"Jimmie Johnson said he and crew chief Chad Knaus laughed at the off-season rumors that Knaus was about to leave the Hendrick Motorsports team that fields the #48 Lowe's Chevy for Johnson. "I think it started banquet week," Johnson said. "He called me and asked if I fired him and my response back was, 'No, are you leaving?'" Johnson did admit that he and Knaus were both frustrated near the end of the 2005 season as they again unsuccessfully chased a Nextel Cup title. "Last year was tough at the end and we were frustrated," Johnson said. "I give Chad a lot of credit for how hard he was working. It just didn't give us the results that we wanted. I think...the rumors kind of generated from that. And really, there was not any internal talk, there was not any discussion about a different crew chief, ever, and those rumors were something that we kind of laughed about and joked about."(ThatsRacin)(1-11-2006)"

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: