November 21, 2017, 11:06:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DW never ceases to amaze me!  (Read 1041 times)
Vivian
« on: May 13, 2004, 08:22:06 PM »

On 5/04 his article headline on FoxSports was "Parking Stewart Would Teach Self-Control" and today 5/13 his article headline is "Stewart Doesn't Deserve to Be Parked".  Duh?  Did anyone else notice this discrepency?
What is wrong with that man???   :?
sally
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:28:05 PM »

Viv, I noticed the same discrepancy in DW's opinion.  I'd guess that he got so much mail against his stand that Tony should be parked, that he was afraid sales of his T shirts would suffer.  Thus, he conveniently changed horses mid stream, and feels his T shirts will sell better at the track.  Never let integrity get in the way of sales!  He learned that from Nascar, y'know.
Sally
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 11:40:37 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
On 5/04 his article headline on FoxSports was "Parking Stewart Would Teach Self-Control" and today 5/13 his article headline is "Stewart Doesn't Deserve to Be Parked".  Duh?  Did anyone else notice this discrepency?
What is wrong with that man???   :?

And why did he want Tony parked to begin with? Didn't DW also-

*hit people?
*run his yap-a lot?

Maybe we need to get Tampa Bay Lightning head coach John Tortorella on him. Maybe John can give him a good ol' "Shut your yap!"

Edit: The John Tortorella thing is meant for DW, not Tony.
sally
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 11:53:45 PM »

The problem is that DW believes all his publicity, and relishes his post as "Elder Statesman" and spokesman for Nascar.  He convienently forgets all the trips he made to the Big Red Truck when he was driving.  
Sally :roll:
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 12:02:01 AM »

I should have posted the links but I went to Foxsports which then took me to his site and I checked the archives for the one on May 4 to confirm it.  He said many years ago he had to straighten Ernie Irvan out and that parking Harvick seem to help so maybe he was just yapping and not really thinking about what he was saying.

By the way, Sally...yesterday morning I was surfing and found the 1992 Savemart from Sears Point on classic ESPN and watched with tears in my eyes as Ernie won and Dale finished 6th and way back in the pack was Davey Allison.  Gosh, some of that stuff really brings back memories.  Ned Jarrett and Bob Jenkins were announcing, I think.

Just had a salesman come in and he said Racing under the lights Saturday.  Then added he was about fed up with Nascar and didn't know how much longer he would watch the cup races.  He is always listening on XM while he drives all over southern Oregon and Northern California.  Seems like so many are disillusioned with Nascar.   Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: