November 21, 2017, 09:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accolades to JW !!!  (Read 1181 times)
Vivian
« on: November 28, 2005, 10:08:32 PM »

JW, you have really been great this season keeping us updated on the commercial count and what percentage of the races we actually get to see.  Thank you so much.  I know I appreciate it and I am sure everyone else does as well.  

You are the KING !   :smt029

And furthermore... :smt041   Hip, hip, hooray!
sally
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 12:34:04 AM »

I'll give that a hearty second, Viv.  I will never know how jw has the patience to sit thru, counting all the commercial time, but you have my undying admiration!

Sal
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 01:53:15 AM »

JW, I add my congratulations for putting up with enough of the racing to record every second of the commercial time.  It is hard enough to sit through 38 races, including exhibitions, which total roughly 140 hours of air time.  To record the amount of that time devoted to ads, too?  How do you do it?

His contributions will be especially meaningful over the next two years as NASCAR ends one TV contract and begins another.  If the reports of a 27 percent increase in rights fees is true, we fear that there will be a substantial increase in commercials.  JW will help expose the problem to the networks, and it will then be up to them to respond to create a better product for viewers, balancing their needs with that of the advertisers.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 01:15:36 PM »

A BIG thanks from me, JW!  I know how much work you must put into rewatching the tapes to count the commercial time and I sincerely appreciate.  I'm actually writing a review of the Homestead race (got stalled out around the holiday) and I used some of your stats on commercials in it.  I hope that is okay.  Didn't mention any names (or in your case initials).

Thanks again!
Cheryl
jw
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 09:10:32 PM »

I appreciate the compliments!

I plan to do this again in 2006 & will be providing numbers for at least 2 of the major series in NASCAR.  The Cup Series & either the Busch or Truck Series-subject to available vhs tape & sports schedules during the year(there will be other events that may interfere, but "I'll cross that bridge" when it's come up).

Meanwhile, during the offseason I will be catching up on anything missed &
if I come upon any interesting to share-it will be posted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: