November 24, 2017, 09:34:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible "New Identity" for Busch Series  (Read 445 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 22, 2005, 08:24:54 PM »

I don't know if anyone else saw NASCAR This Morning on Sunday or not.  They were having some sort of 4-hour "marathon" of shows on Speed before the race.  Trackside was coming up after this show and they had Rusty Wallace off to the side asking some questions while John Roberts was interviewing Brian France.  One thing Rusty brought up, I found VERY interesting.  

He asked France if it was true NASCAR was considering switching to different model cars for the Busch Series in the future so as to give that series it's own identity separate from the Cup Series.  Rusty suggested using Firebirds (which aren't even made anymore), or Dodge Stratus for the Busch Series.  I found this idea extremely intriguing!  This way perhaps it would discourage so many Cup drivers from running the Busch Series.  Since they would no longer be able to gain knowledge to help with their Cup cars.  

France's response was his usual doublespeak, but he did say they were considering something like this.  Rusty was like a pit bull and kept pushing him to commit to something.  It was great!  He said they needed to set a timetable for that now.  Rusty explained that Ford, Chevy and Dodge needed to market other models besides what was being run in Cup today.  

I think this is a great idea for a variety of reasons.  Maybe they'll even bring back "the flight of the bubblebees" 6-cylinders to the Busch series.  That would certainly be more realistic for what the manufacturers put in production cars.

What do you think of this idea?  Would it help cut down on the Buschwhackers?  Would you like to see different models run on Saturday than Sunday?

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 11:57:35 PM »

Cheryl, I didn't hear that, because I can't brings myself to listen to a word that smug jerk (Baby Brian) has to say.  Personally, I think it would be a great idea!  With the testing restrictions they are proposing for next year, I think it's the only way to keep the Cup drivers from using even more Busch races as 'tests.

Sal
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »

I agree, Sally.  It's time to make the Busch Series, well, the Busch Series.

The Nextel Cup veterans who opt to compete in these races would have to deal with a major challenge, with cars they are not familiar with.  If fewer of them compete, it would open the door for more younger drivers and development programs.  There would no longer be any excuses for these drivers to fail.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 09:50:22 PM »

Desmond wrote:

It's time to make the Busch Series, well, the Busch Series.

That covers it all for me also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: