November 18, 2017, 09:21:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rusty 'Tribute'  (Read 760 times)
sally
« on: November 22, 2005, 12:09:02 AM »

Just read this on Jayski.

Standing 'O' for Rusty at drivers meeting, except.... Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, invited Rusty Wallace to the microphone within the first five minutes of the weekly prerace drivers meeting at Homestead on Sunday. Wallace, who went on to finish 13th on Sunday evening, drew a standing ovation from the drivers in the room. Everyone stood, with the exception of Penske Racing South teammate Ryan Newman, who has been at constant odds with the 1989 Cup champion."It's been a great ride," Wallace told his fellow drivers. "I can remember when I came in, it was [Cale] Yarborough, [David] Pearson, [Richard] Petty and [Dale] Earnhardt. Now those guys are all gone and you guys are all here. I'm looking forward to life after racing. And if I've roughed anybody up along the way, I'm sorry. I didn't really mean it, unless it paid more."(Atlanta Journal-Constitution)(11-21-2005)

Maybe he and Kurt will get along better than I anticipated.

Sal
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 01:45:21 AM »

That really bums me out about Ryan not standing.  Rusty must have noticed...
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:49:38 AM »

Fox, bring back Celebrity Boxing and put Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman in boxing gloves! :lol:

Seriously, it's a shame that the relationship got to this point and is a huge indictment against Roger Penske.  You would think that, being the successful negotiator he is, Penske would have done something about this a long time ago.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:00:22 AM »

But he's giving Kurt Busch his unwavering support.  Too bad he didn't seem to do that for Rusty.  Oh well, done new.

Sal
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 10:30:08 AM »

Well he's ryan newman what do you expect. I'll bet him and kurt don't get along much either but then again who knows and who cares.
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 02:40:48 AM »

This is a copy of what I found on Jayski.  I definitely owe Ryan an apology because I jumped to conclusions.

UPDATE: Contrary to published reports, Ryan Newman, as well as his crew chief, Matt Borland, joined their fellow NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series competitors in a standing ovation in honor of their Penske Racing South teammate Rusty Wallace during the driver's meeting for last Sunday's Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. "I respect Rusty Wallace as a race car driver," Newman said. "And I put effort forward in recognizing that on Sunday."(Penske Racing PR)(11-24-2005)

Thanks, Jayski for letting me copy and post this.  I hope everyone reads it.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 01:37:31 AM »

"Press release" from Fox Broadcasting:

"Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, Fox Celebrity Boxing will not be seen on the scheduled date.

"However, our producers have assured us that the selection process will be revised and vetted to avoid any further mishaps.  We are also still hopeful that this program will return to Fox as soon as possible.

"Thank you and (insert DW's start here)!"

:lol:  :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: