November 23, 2017, 05:36:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truck race postponed.  (Read 518 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: November 19, 2005, 05:01:12 AM »

Cheryl i'm sorry for posting this twice but i wanted to let anyone who reads your message board know that the truck race has been postponed.

The truck race will be ran at 7:30 a.m. central time 8:30 a.m. eastern time tomorrow morning.

What i don't get is the fact that nascar won't reset the laps that were ran since they never got the race started under green flag conditions since they never got up to full speed.

I know at charlotte in 2003 when the bgn race got started under similar conditions when it was rained out that they reset everything.

That was the race where tnt didn't show it that night cause they wanted to tape it and show it the next day instead cause they wanted to show a movie i thought it was funny that the race got cancelled and all their plans got blew up in their face and tnt had to televise it live.

I feel that that is just cheating fans out of green flag laps but then again it's just a truck race i guess so it doesn't really matter.

Besides nascar is gonna do whatever they wanna do.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 05:58:38 PM »

They did end up resetting the laps for the race at Saturday, so that was good.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 08:55:56 PM »

Started at 5:30am out here on the left coast.  I just set my recorder before I went to bed.  Actually, I was sort of glad it was postponed as I found DW not to be quite so vocal and annoying early the next morning.  So it worked out for me.  Friday night as he and Mikey were conversing and trying to outdo each other, I really dreaded watching that race.  I so envy you people who have XM and listen to that broadcast while muting the tv but still being able to watch.  To me, you are the 'Lucky Dogs'.   :lol:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 09:00:58 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I so envy you people who have XM and listen to that broadcast while muting the tv but still being able to watch.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to do that throughout an entire broadcast (just when TV is at commercial).  Lou won't let me, as it is confusing to follow when they are talking about something different than what TV is showing much of the time.  

I couldn't agree with you more about DW on Friday night.  When I heard he was actually on there again Saturday morning, I groaned.   :smt078

Why SPEED feels they MUST have DW on the final truck broadcast of year still escapes me.  Do they think we might forget about him before the 2006 season if we aren't constantly reminded of him?   :evil:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: