November 19, 2017, 06:58:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The races from irwindale that speed is televiseing.  (Read 1216 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: November 13, 2005, 03:24:52 AM »

Hi i was just curious if anyone besides myself watches those races?

Isn't irwindale similar to a big shorttrack?
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 06:27:17 AM »

I'm watching them as I speak (type?). I have to say, I LOVE IRWINDALE! 3 very distinct grooves, racing 3 wide, bumping and banging, with guys who are genuinly RACING FOR THE WIN!

Whats the track in Cali thats getting shut down at the end of the year that the Trucks race at? Send 'em to Irwindale! I guaruntee you'll get one of the best races of the year out there!
sally
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 06:44:35 PM »

Watched all the races last night (though it's hard for a fogey like me to stay awake that late).  LOVE short tracks!

sal
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 07:48:54 PM »

Watched The qual races Friday night and taped last night so don't know who won yet.  Am trying to catch some of it now before the Phoenix race starts.  I love that type of racing.  BTW, I am very impressed with Sean Caisse and have been an Andy Santerre fan forever.  Hope I spelled the last names right.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:46:13 PM »

Quote from: "azbobbybooshay10"
Whats the track in Cali thats getting shut down at the end of the year that the Trucks race at?

Mesa Marin (Bakersfield), which is a damn shame since it's the first place the Craftsman Truck Series raced at in the winter of 1994.  It's SO sad to see more and more short tracks being shut down (and not just in the south).

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 01:31:54 AM »

Did sterling marlin bill elliott and geoff bodine race in a winston west race at mesa marin in the early 1990's? Or did they race somewhere else?

I think sterling won a winston west race in washington i think in 91.

Yeah i think i remember some of the races from mesa marin being okay or pretty good.

I notice some short tracks can put on a good show. While others can't i wonder why that is?
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 02:31:33 AM »

I don't know about Sterling, Bill and Geoff.  I guess it is a possibility... :?

BTW, I heard there were some questions about the legality of the tires on Olsen's car Saturday night.  Was there and did they let him keep the win?  Also, I thought with their rules that they should not have sent Stephanik to the back on that one spin.  Personally, I was happy his owner told him to park it after that.  JMO...He had a chance to finish in the top 3 or so or maybe even win until they decided to penalize him which was unusual considering their rules.  The caution had been out 3/4 of a lap when he was hit and spun.  Again, JMO
shawn
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 03:57:43 AM »

I guess there was something said on WindTunnel last night about Olsens wheel/tire size.  I've looked on NASCAR Touring site and on BNSracing.com and saw nothing mentioned on it.

I also agree that Stefanik shouldn't have been penalized.  He gets hit well after the yellow gets it.  Glad he parked it though, no need to tear up a car trying to get back to the front with so few laps left.

Another point is that was one LONG night.  It was  after 1am (est) by the time the West/BNS race got over.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 04:47:14 AM »

I watched most of the qualifying on Friday, but missed the main races on Saturday.

I live near Irwindale Speedway, and if the Showdown returns there next year, I will consider going there in person.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 06:01:42 PM »

Quote from: "shawn"
I guess there was something said on WindTunnel last night about Olsens wheel/tire size.  I've looked on NASCAR Touring site and on BNSracing.com and saw nothing mentioned on it.

Mike Olsen has indeed been stripped of his win in the Grand National Division race; the new winner is David Gilliland, the young driver that has competed in two Busch Series and one truck series race this year.

Complete article:
http://www.truckseries.com/cgi-script/NCTS/articles/000075/007589.htm

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 09:30:50 PM »

Thanks for that link, Desmond.  I was happy to see that happen and that since he was illegal, they put him in last place.  Now I just wish Cup and Busch would do the same thing when cars that get to the checkers first are found illegal.  Guess that is too much to wish for though... Sad
shawn
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 12:19:46 AM »

They are appealing the penalty, basically they think that the Crew Chief should be the one penalized and not the driver

Statement from driver Mike Olsen:
http://www.bnsracing.com/press/olsen1.html

Press Release on the appeal:
http://www.bnsracing.com/press/olsen2.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: