November 18, 2017, 11:23:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rudd on Stand-By for 2 Car  (Read 627 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 07, 2005, 01:29:48 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned on TV's pre-race show (or otherwise on TV) this weekend.  We didn't get home from the Hooters race until right before the green flag fell yesterday.  Anyway, on XM, they were talking to Ricky Rudd and he said that he had been contacted to possibly drive the 2 car next year if Busch does not receive his release from Roush.  Now THAT would be an awesome deal if you ask me!  Ricky Rudd has been one of my favorite drivers since 1988 and I'd love to see him get one last chance in top level equipment.  He said if this doesn't happen, he will be retiring at the end of this season.  Jeesh!  Three of my favorite drivers retiring between last year and this one.   Sad

Cheryl
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:14:02 PM »

You know, I heard an interesting rumor yesterday about Rudd. He may still go to Penske, but drive their Grand-Am series sports car instead. I can realisticly see him doing that, since he's such a good road racer. Its also a much lighter schedule, so its not as hard on him as 38 weeks a year would be in Cup.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 05:41:26 AM »

Ricky Rudd won't be driving full-time in Cup next year, but stopped short of announcing a retirement and may yet drive sports cars--or something else for that matter--on a limited basis.

Don't be surprised to see him at the Rolex 24 at the end of January.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 09:54:26 PM »

Notwithstanding how much I like Mark Martin, I would love to see Ricky Rudd in the 6 car next year and let Mark go ahead and "retire".

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: