November 17, 2017, 10:19:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac Monday goes down!  (Read 679 times)
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« on: November 07, 2005, 09:07:35 PM »

This is going to be kinda long, so forgive me on that.

Many pieces in this rediculous Silly Season fell today, including the 2/42/97 deal. Here's the Jayski summaries:

Kurt goes to the 2

OFFICIAL - Busch to Join Penske Racing in 2006: Penske Racing South announced today that Kurt Busch will drive the Miller Lite Dodge commencing with the 2006 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup season. Busch, the 2004 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup champion, has reached an agreement with Roush Racing to be released from his driver responsibilities for the 2006 season. Busch will join Penske Racing South at the conclusion of the 2005 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup season. "We are pleased that Kurt and Roush Racing were able to reach an agreement on Kurt's release and appreciate the professionalism that it has taken to arrive at this result," said Roger Penske, chairman. "Kurt's joining us for 2006 will provide a smooth transition for the team and our sponsors." Busch had recently signed a multi-year agreement with Penske Racing South that was to take effect in 2007.(Penske Racing)(11-7-2005)

OFFICIAL - Busch released from Roush Racing Contract, McMurray in: Roush Racing has announced that Kurt Busch has been released from his Roush Racing contract obligations effective at the end of the 2005 year and that Jamie McMurray has signed to drive for Roush Racing commencing in the 2006 season. Newell-Rubbermaid and Diageo [Crown Royal/Smirnoff] will continue as primary sponsors of the McMurray driven entry in NASCAR’s Nextel Cup Series.(Roush Racing)(11-7-2005)

Casey Mears into the 42 car, NO 4TH TEAM (just like I freaking said they should have done a month and a half ago  :roll: )

UPDATE 4: Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) and its sponsor Chevron Products Company announced today that they have selected Casey Mears to pilot the #42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge starting in 2006. In addition, CGRFS has agreed to release Jamie McMurray from his contract to drive for the organization through the '06 NEXTEL Cup Series season. "We've been working hard to find a driver solution for Texaco/Havoline and we are fortunate that we could offer them Casey," said team owner Chip Ganassi. "Some recent positive developments have allowed us to make this move and we couldn't be happier with how things are shaping up for the 2006 season. Casey is a driver and a person that we think a lot of and have a lot of faith in."
Mears has been with CGRFS since being selected by the organization to drive its #41 NEXTEL Cup Series entry in 2003. He has competed in 106 races and recorded two poles, three top-five finishes and 17 top-10 finishes.
"I couldn't be more excited about the opportunity to drive the Texaco/Havoline Dodge next season," said Mears. "Texaco/Havoline has been a sponsor in this sport for a long time and they've had an impressive list of drivers compete and win in their cars. I look forward to joining that group and taking them and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates back to Victory Lane." In 2006, Texaco/Havoline will embark on its 19th season as a NASCAR sponsor.(Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates PR)(11-7-2005)

And a slight side note to Ganassi's deal:

Ganassi/Home 123 part ways: Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) announced today that CGRFS and Home123 have mutually chosen to terminate their sponsorship relationship. "We have enjoyed working with Home123," said team owner Chip Ganassi. "This was a good decision for us both and our separation was amicable. We wish them well in their future endeavors."
"While we have enjoyed working with the Ganassi organization and have seen benefit in the team sponsorship, we will be refocusing our 2006 dollars in other areas," said Pat Flanagan, Chief Executive Officer of Home123 Corporation. "We are committed to having marketing programs that strategically position the Home123 brand among our target audiences. We will continue to support the racing sport as the official mortgage company of NASCAR. In addition, we continue to be excited about announcing the winner of the Home123 "Pay Off Your Mortgage Sweepstakes."(Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates)(11-7-2005)

OFFICIAL: Bobby Labonte out of the 18 in 2006

UPDATE 3: Bobby Labonte and Joe Gibbs Racing will conclude an 11-year relationship at the end of the 2005 NEXTEL Cup Series season, Labonte and officials from JGR announced Nov. 7. Labonte’s future plans, as well as a replacement driver for the #18 Interstate Batteries Chevrolet, will be announced at a later date. “I regret to say that this is the final year that I will be at Joe Gibbs Racing,” Labonte said. “One of the things that made this decision so difficult was thinking of all the fans that have supported me at JGR throughout the past 11 years. This relationship has lasted a long time, and I hate that it has to end. Joe Gibbs and his family gave me the opportunity of a lifetime, and I want to thank them, and all the employees at JGR, for 11 years of hard work. I will always cherish the times at JGR, and the only thing that I regret is that we didn’t win more races and or championships. I wish everyone at JGR continued success in the future and I want to thank J.D. (Gibbs, president of JGR) for giving me the chance to be released from my contract early and letting me pursue other opportunities.”(Joe Gibbs Racing)(11-7-2005)

NOTE on JGR: Gibbs has supposedly set a press conference for this weekend in Phoenix to announce JJ Yeley as the new driver for the 18 next year, which is really cool since Yeley is a native of Phoenix. What better place to announce you moving to Cup than your hometown? Also, the #1 rumor is still Labonte to the 43 for Petty.

Brent Sherman to the 49:

UPDATE: Brent Sherman is expected to take over as driver of BAM Racing's #49 with Schwann's and Serta sharing sponsorship. Sherman, 31, currently drives the #10 Ford for ppc Racing in the Busch Series and has 25 career Busch starts. His best finish was ninth in the spring at Talladega.(Sporting News)(11-7-2005)

I must say I am glad to see all the drivers get their wishes to go to the new teams. And VERY happy for Casey Mears to drive the 42. Now he will be locked into the field for the first 5 next year, with a well established team behind him. And for me personally, its getting one of my favorite drivers into my favorite car, the Texaco/Havoline car. I've been in love with that car since Davey Allison in the 28, and nearly every driver thats ever driven it I have been a great fan of. I can't wait to see the big red star back in victory lane in 2006 with Casey!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:19:47 PM »

Quote from: "azbobbybooshay10"
NOTE on JGR: Gibbs has supposedly set a press conference for this weekend in Phoenix to announce JJ Yeley as the new driver for the 18 next year, which is really cool since Yeley is a native of Phoenix. What better place to announce you moving to Cup than your hometown? Also, the #1 rumor is still Labonte to the 43 for Petty.

Brent Sherman to the 49:

UPDATE: Brent Sherman is expected to take over as driver of BAM Racing's #49 with Schwann's and Serta sharing sponsorship. Sherman, 31, currently drives the #10 Ford for ppc Racing in the Busch Series and has 25 career Busch starts. His best finish was ninth in the spring at Talladega.(Sporting News)(11-7-2005)

I must say I am glad to see all the drivers get their wishes to go to the new teams. And VERY happy for Casey Mears to drive the 42. Now he will be locked into the field for the first 5 next year, with a well established team behind him. And for me personally, its getting one of my favorite drivers into my favorite car, the Texaco/Havoline car. I've been in love with that car since Davey Allison in the 28, and nearly every driver thats ever driven it I have been a great fan of. I can't wait to see the big red star back in victory lane in 2006 with Casey!

Personally, I don't think either Yeley or Sherman are ready for Winston Cup yet.  Neither has been particularly impressive in Busch.  

Yes, I'm personally disappointed that Bobby is leaving Gibbs, but I don't see any of the other teams mentioned as him considering (Ganassi, Petty, or Bill Davis) really providing him winning equipment (not that he seems to have gotten that from Gibbs the last two seasons). I wouldn't mind seeing him reunited with Bill Davis and in the CAT car (always one of my favorite sponsors); however, I wouldn't like to see him in a Toy car in years to come.   :?

Thanks for posting the updates, Bobby!  Sorry we both started threads about them.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 10:36:44 PM »

Bobby Labonte is one class act, Cheryl. I hate to see him get shuffled around. Frankly, Evernham, RCR, or Roush should find a place for Bobby.
Shoot, I'd even go so far as to put him in the 6 and let Mark retire. Of course, I'm a fan, not a business person. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 12:30:52 AM »

nice to see roush and ganissi holding no grudges towards these drivers.it show that nascar is like life itself because if you hold anger towards another person that anger will consume you. Smiley  Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 05:33:44 AM »

Our long national nightmare is over! Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: