November 21, 2017, 08:02:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jr & Wind Tunnel  (Read 1321 times)
Vivian
« on: November 01, 2005, 12:56:58 AM »

I did get to watch Wind Tunnel last night even though the house was full of grandkids.  I enjoyed it as usual.  It is about the only racing show I watch nowadays.  All the others are just repeats of the happenings with different hosts.

Kurt Busch was supposed to be on but Kyle showed up instead which led to speculation that Kurt was really bummed out over his poor finish at Atlanta.  Kyle said he had other obligations pop up.  Dave looked as if he didn't believe that.

Next came Jr and even though he did not do it announcement style, he told us what was happening in his race car world.  Said that the Jr Motorsports car in Hooters will be driven by Shane Huffman next year and that Navy will be the sponsor.  Said that Mark McFarland will be driving the Chance 2 Busch car next season and I forget the sponsor on that.  Said  he will stick around DEI for years and emphasized that many nights Teresa is working until 9pm even though there are rumors that she is not taking an active enough part in things at DEI.  I think it came across that he has a lot of respect for her as he mentioned her knowledge of what is going on even though she may delegate certain things to certain people.  The usual question of whether he will ever go with Childress and drive the #3 car came up and that was no but he alluded to the fact that he and Richard may do something years down the road to honor Dale and the number.  

He had an open wheel driver on also but I don't remember his name.  All in all it was a very interesting show.  It still remains one I like to watch and he crams a lot into those 2 hours.  It is not just a repeat of news although he does have some news on it.  He also continues to cover other types of racing and I enjoy that.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 01:53:11 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Said that the Jr Motorsports car in Hooters will be driven by Shane Huffman next year and that Navy will be the sponsor.

Hi Vivian,

We didn't see the show but heard about the JR and Hooters announcement. Are you sure he said Navy was going to be the Hooters sponsor and not the Busch sponsor for McFarland? I thought they had a big PR about a month or so ago with McFarland, JR, and Navy as the Busch package.

http://www.jrmotorsport.com/tracknews/press/08_23_05.html

Lou

Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 02:34:48 AM »

Lou, I did get that reversed.   :oops:
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 02:40:42 AM »

No biggie! In the racing world, contracts and sponsors CAN really change in the blink of an eye.

Or in this case an aye, aye...

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 01:45:35 PM »

Next came Jr and even though he did not do it announcement style, he told us what was happening in his race car world.  Said that the Jr Motorsports car in Hooters will be driven by Shane Huffman next year

This was what I was alluding to last week when I mentioned how I wondered who would be the next "development driver" for DEI.  Granted Shane doesn't need any "developing", since he's an extremely talented driver (with 7 wins in Hooters this year).  It's wonderful to see him get a chance with such a well-funded organization.  Very generous of Earnhardt, Jr. to give a chance to a guy who is considered "too old" by most other car owners.  Shane is 32 I believe.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 06:45:05 PM »

Careful Cheryl...you just said something nice about an Earnhardt.  I expect that Hell is, at present, freezing over.

Sal :mrgreen:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 07:01:05 PM »

You have NO idea how long it took me to reconcile how conflicted I was when I first about this alliance.   :lol:  

But we know Shane personally and he is such a nice, down-to-earth person, we're happy that someone is giving him this type of opportunity.  From what we've heard, if he does well in with this team next year, he may have the chance to move up to Busch like McFarland has done.  And Shane is certainly more deserving of such a chance than a lot of the guys/gals who get rides simply because they are young and have some racing experience.

But don't go thinking you'll be seeing me start drinking Budweiser or plaster an 8 on the back window of car anytime soon.   Wink

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 09:30:40 PM »

Aw, Cheryl, come on!  Even my counting sheep has an 8 on it.  Join the fun!   ;-)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 09:38:28 PM »

Aw, Cheryl, come on!  Even my counting sheep has an 8 on it.  Join the fun!   ;-)

I will not be assimilated...
 :lol:  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 10:57:17 PM »

That's OK.  We now have it on public record that you actually said something nice about Junior.  That's priceless.

sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
That's OK.  We now have it on public record that you actually said something nice about Junior.  That's priceless.

Remember I'm the moderator and things on the forum can always mysteriously disappear.   :lol:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: