December 15, 2017, 09:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wellington mara's death  (Read 603 times)
ronbarnes77
Legend

« on: October 31, 2005, 08:35:32 PM »

ladies and gentleman i was thinking about the death of new york giants owner wellington mara's death on sunday and thought about how his idea for reveune sharing in 1960's daved the nfl and was insirped by that to posed this question for discussion should the owners of the various racings teams take control of stock car racing to save it from nascar? i'm very curious to hear any opinions from the members. Cheesy  Cheesy
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:15:26 PM »

Ron,

Is the NFL a publicly traded item on the stock market? If so, was it also at the time of the revenue sharing transition in the 60's?

Lou

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 08:32:53 PM »

OK, I'm not Ron, but I'll answer Lou's question.  The NFL is not, and has never been, a publicly traded company.  It is an association of (currently) 32 teams.  In contrast, NASCAR is a family-owned company of independent contractors.  Therefore, "revenue sharing" may not work.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 12:24:41 AM »

Cheesy  Cheesy maybe desmond and then again maybe not.the nfl and nascar are more alike than you think remember in the nfl any changes must be made by a vote of all teams and 3/4 rules.nascar's current model is a lot like the nfl's before 1960.nascar will learn the same message they learned " unity is essential to survial".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: