November 19, 2017, 04:11:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Exciting Finish Involving Edwards!  (Read 564 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 07, 2005, 01:39:34 PM »

Wow!  What an awesome ending to the race yesterday!  When the 99 team chose to pit for two tires at the end, Lou and I felt Carl had no chance to get back to the front.  But he was true to his word when he told his crew chief if he got out as high as 6th, he could win the race.  

So now, Carl (technically not a rookie) has four wins in his first full season.  That tops every rookie since I've been following the sport.  Stewart, Earnhardt, Jr. and Johnson each had three wins in their rookie seasons.  

I'm sure fans of other drivers are starting to dislike Edwards' success (just like they did Gordon), but I question how you just can't like someone who tells his mother he loves her on the radio prior to taking the green flag!   Cheesy   Edwards just seems to be able to dig down deep and go for it.  With 3 laps to go, it looked like there was no way he was going to catch Martin and yet he did.  Cool!  

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 05:32:53 PM »

I agree!

What an exciting finish.. Way to go Carl!  What a down to earth guy he is too...

Although I think you are right (about winning so much people start to dislike him like Gordon).  I swear I heard a few boos during his celebration...
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 10:28:32 PM »

Hi Gang---Just stopped by for a bit.
 My real concern for Carl is that he always stay as genuine as he is now. What a neat young man. Darn, he can drive too!! :-D
 It was great to see Mark and Matt do so well yesterday too.
 D ick :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:10:05 PM »

Dick, good to hear from you.  Catch us up on how you are feeling on the chit chat forum, would you?

That was a good close finish of the race.  I am glad it was not a total runaway.  One thing though was those debris cautions that they never showed us the debris on 2 of them.  But it did tighten the field up and made the racing somewhat better for a while.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 12:24:51 AM »

i just wonder is he's as good without roush power as he is with it. Shocked  Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: