November 20, 2017, 02:39:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New time for Totally NASCAR/New show on FSN  (Read 1915 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: May 05, 2004, 04:11:10 PM »

As you all know by now, this is the last week of Totally NASCAR at 6 p.m. local time on Fox Sports Net.  This is the time slot that the program has held since its debut in 2001.

As of next Monday, the show will air at 5:30 p.m. local time on the various affiliates throughout the country.

So what will air at 6 p.m.?  A new show called I, Max.  The show, based on the commercials I have seen about it, will be a combination of  SportsCenter and Pardon the Interruption, meaning news at the top of the show and lots of interviews.  The host is Max Kellerman, who defected from ESPN and began as a boxing expert.

Another NASCAR change to be sure, but at least it's not the fault of Brian France and Mike Helton.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 05:20:39 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
As you all know by now, this is the last week of Totally NASCAR at 6 p.m. local time on Fox Sports Net.  This is the time slot that the program has held since its debut in 2001.

As of next Monday, the show will air at 5:30 p.m. local time on the various affiliates throughout the country.

So what will air at 6 p.m.?  A new show called I, Max.  The show, based on the commercials I have seen about it, will be a combination of  SportsCenter and Pardon the Interruption, meaning news at the top of the show and lots of interviews.  The host is Max Kellerman, who defected from ESPN and began as a boxing expert.

Another NASCAR change to be sure, but at least it's not the fault of Brian France and Mike Helton.

Sad thing is, that damn Kellerman doesn't think NASCAR is a sport. :roll:

He wanted too much money. That's why he left ESPN. He wanted $875,000 a year. Lousy (New York) Yankees kiss-ass. He doesn't deserve that much. Around the Horn is much better with Reali.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 03:31:03 PM »

Not a good start for the new Max Kellerman show on Fox Sports Net, I, Max, in the old Totally NASCAR time slot.

Each day's shows consist of a 15-round "boxing match" between Kellerman and "the world," which consists of newspaper columnist Michael Holley, a guest, and some e-mail responses.  Kellerman has lost all four "matches" held so far.

Worse, Monday's premiere program was seen in only 50,000 TV households, compared to 420,000 on the ESPN show he left, Around the Horn.

He made his usual dismissive comments on NASCAR, calling the California race "boring."  (Actually, he was right for once!  Hope he enjoys the new races at Texas and Phoenix Tongue )

As for Totally NASCAR, at least two of the FSN regions (Southern California and Northwest) won't even air the show at 5:30 p.m., prompting FSN to place on the right of the screen, "CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS" during promos for the program.

Fortunately, I have DIRECTV Sports Pack, so I can watch the show out of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Back to the top:  Fire your agent, Max!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 02:55:26 AM »

Sometimes my local affiliate show Totally Nascar at 7:30.  Mostly it doesn't show it at all, because of baseball.  Not a big loss, with Krista Voda, and the new "Entertainment Tonight" flavor of the show this year.
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 10:45:43 PM »

I don't get Totally Nascar everyday either.  And it is never at the time they say it is.  If I do get it, sometimes it is 3:30, somethimes 5:30 and even sometimes at 6.  Some days I get to see the day before at 11am.  So I don't think I will play cat and mouse with another show that doesn't sound so exciting.

BTW, Sally I agree on the Krista Voda thing.  Also, don't you think she makes enough that she could afford some tops that fit.  I know that the crop tops are "in" right now but she always looks like she has on a shirt 2 sizes too small.   :twisted:  JMO....
sally
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 10:52:58 PM »

Vivian,
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 10:54:20 PM »

What, Sally???
sally
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 10:54:30 PM »

OOPS!  I had to laugh when I read your comment about Krista Voda's wardrobe.  Staci and I had a good laugh about that several weeks ago!  She must buy clothes on optimism is=nstead of reality!  But, you notice I didn't even mention her hair!
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 10:56:25 PM »

And I don't even dare mention what Don says about her looks, clothes and hair.   :twisted:
sally
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 11:16:09 PM »

I'll give her credit.  
At least, unlike the new chick they have on Speed News now, she can pronounce names correctly, and sounds as if she has at least SEEN an automobile race!  (meow). :roll:
Sally
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 01:49:01 PM »

Not that I want to jump on the bandwagon of trashing Krista Voda--Oh who am I kidding, of course I do.  As I was telling Sally, I have one word for her--PULLOVER!!  And perhaps a hat.  You'd think if they are trying to attract 18-34 year old males, they would at least get someone attractive who looks good in clothes that fit....Oh well.

I know, it's been months since I posted and this is what inspires me....  But seriously, I am so fed up with NASCAR right now that it takes everything I have to be able to speak civally on the topic.  I don't know what has happened to this sport, but sometimes when they start talking about it at work, I just stay quiet.  It used to be when the idiots I worked with would start talking about how it isn't a sport or how stupid it is I would jump right in to defend... Now I'm wondering if they didn't know something all along that I didn't.
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 12:43:41 AM »

Not a good start for the new Max Kellerman show on Fox Sports Net, I, Max, in the old Totally NASCAR time slot.

Each day's shows consist of a 15-round "boxing match" between Kellerman and "the world," which consists of newspaper columnist Michael Holley, a guest, and some e-mail responses.  Kellerman has lost all four "matches" held so far.

Not only that, he got Bill Wolff (a.k.a. the "Disembodied Voice") to judge.

Yeah, I came back. This place is too fun to avoid.

Oh, and that would be former Boston Globe columnist Michael Holley. He quit his job to cohost.
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 12:55:38 AM »

Quote from: "sally"
I'll give her credit.  
At least, unlike the new chick they have on Speed News now, she can pronounce names correctly, and sounds as if she has at least SEEN an automobile race!  (meow). :roll:
Sally

Oh, you mean Connie LeBland-oops, LeGrand? Spare me. She's hot, but that's it. I like Krista. She's cute, but that's not all there is to her. She has energy. She's excited about hosting this show. I would be to if I were her. Oh, and she's blond like I am! Cheesy
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2004, 06:45:21 PM »

Michael,

I've seen your picture from the MTSU web site.  You look like Bobby Hamilton, Jr. with glasses!

Good luck in your broadcast career.

Michael
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2004, 07:52:09 PM »

Michael,

I've seen your picture from the MTSU web site.  You look like Bobby Hamilton, Jr. with glasses!

Good luck in your broadcast career.

Thanks, man! Cheesy Bobby, Jr., huh? People said I look like Drew Carey. Oh, well, either he or Bobby is fine with me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: