November 17, 2017, 11:54:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back Seat Drivers  (Read 1247 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: October 24, 2005, 02:01:32 AM »

I thought this was supposed to be a cross between RPM2Nite and Jayski. What I found was nothing more than a copy of Point- Counterpoint with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtain from the original Saturday Night Live, you know "Jane, you ignorant slut". At least thats what I saw the first two times I tried to watch it before I turned it off after 5 minutes.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 11:59:44 AM »

I watched it one time, and it seemed to me to be a Nascar approved version of Pit Bull, much watered down.  My biggest question was, who is the chick that is on with Marty Smith?  Anyone heard of her?  What makes her qualified to have an opinion on anything race related?  I think it's Nascar's way of trying to control and/or spin any controversies....especially Marty Smith.  Being employed on Nascar.com and a HUGE cheerleader for all edicts coming from Daytona, I find this show barely credible.

Sal
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 01:58:20 AM »

Sally, her name is Shannon Spake and she came over from NASCAR Nation.

I will pay attention tonight to confirm my suspicions that Smith hogs the microphone while Spake tries to sound knowledgable.

Bring back Steve Byrnes, Mike Mulhern, and David Poole!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 08:08:07 PM »

IMO, the show is a joke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: