November 22, 2017, 09:16:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on Inside Nextel Cup  (Read 6059 times)
Vivian
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 09:54:47 PM »

WELCOME, 'm'  

Happy to have you join us.  

As far as the show is concerned, I don't watch much anymore.  Although I agree that Mikey can be funny, it just doesn't do anything for me other than make me realize how downhill things have gone from what I feel were the glory days of nascar racing and announcing.  JMO...but I have this problem of integrity values which keep hopping in and bouncing around in my head that keep repeating 'This is wrong...'  I also miss Alan and JB a lot.  But love Wind Tunnel and the way Dave does that.

BTW, who do you have in Nascar?  Are you at liberty to tell us or is it priviledged info?  Thanks
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 05:23:36 PM »

I don't watch that much of it, anymore, either.  Several reasons:

--I echo the sentiments of everyone else on the effects of the losses of Allen Bestwick and Johnny Benson, and the increasing influence of Michael Waltrip, on the program.  Waltrip has taken advantage of the changes to make the show his own, and to the detriment of most of the viewers.
--Too much use of in-car audio.  Its use has replaced serious analysis of the races.
--Decreased coverage of Busch and truck races.
--They no longer answer questions from viewers.  The only way to interact is to send some kind of picture. :roll:

P.S. I can't wait to hear "M"'s inside stories from NASCAR and his family!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 12:53:36 PM »

Carl Edwards was on the show last night and he was a wonderful addition.  I haven't laughed so much watching that show in a long, long time (probably since JB and Allen left).  He's such an articulate and bright guy, he could definitely hold his own with Michael and Kenny.  Cracked me up when they were reviewing his wreck and he was explaining how he kept thinking he could save it when it went sideways.  Funniest part was when he was heading towards the inside wall and he said "I was still in denial here..."  

Also, later when they mentioned he clipped Jeff Gordon, Schrader was egging him on about he was lucky Jeff didn't come to see him in the pits like he did with Matt Kenseth.  I couldn't help but remember Carl's comments about being on the show 24 and how he wouldn't have wanted to fight Jack Bauer because Jack never loses and Carl wouldn't let anyone kick his butt.   :lol:

Even Michael wasn't too annoying last night.  Some very good interaction between the whole crew.  

I definitely think Carl would be a great addition to this show.  He'd certainly make me want to watch it every week.  Lately, I've not cared that much one way or another.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 05:33:01 PM »

I agree that Carl was a great addition.  He has enough of the right sense of humor, and isn't afraid to laugh at himself.  As nice and articulate as Brian Vickers is, he's a bit too serious for this crew.

sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 01:26:24 PM »

Great show this week!  I didn't watch it until last night as I was busy watching the actual race Monday night.   :lol:

Ken Schrader continues to crack me up!  I loved his story about driving back to Charlotte on his motorcycle since he was knocked out of the race on lap 10.  Then stopping at a Flying J (where Lou and I stop when we're on the road) and asking some truckers if there were any more wrecks.  They said "There was a big one early" and he said "Yeah, I saw that one..." and then they realized "Hey!  You're Schrader!"  What a neat down to earth guy Ken seems to be!   :-D

Glad to see Michael have to be a little humble since his other fellow panelist, Brian Vickers, nearly won the race.  And when Mikey was saying he was "new" on the show, Kenny pointed out all Brian had to do was repeat the finishing order to Mikey.  Way to go, Kenny!   :smt038

Also enjoyed when Brian told how Jeff Gordon said he wouldn't pass him unless he gave him an opening.  That was SO funny!

Cheryl
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 08:05:41 PM »

Anyone else see that rumor on Jayski about INC adding a studio audience? Seems really silly to me if that's the case.
Vivian
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 09:01:09 PM »

Benson23Fan wrote on another topic:

I understand they are not nearly as much under the producers or directors control as the average fan would like to believe.

Like Mikey is so fond of saying, "If you don't agree or want to say something different, get your own show."  This apparently means that they have more control than sometimes the networks want us to believe.

Personally, I think they should add a studio audience to Inside Cup.  That way one of the crew could continue to tell the fans to be quiet and get your own show.  JMO>>>
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 10:10:01 PM »

That is a great story, Cheryl. I can just see Schrader doing that, :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »

Personally, I don't want a studio audience.  What would it add to the show that isn't already there?

I think Trackside is the only show in which I want to see an audience.  NASCAR RaceDay works a lot better in the studio, and that's where it once was.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: