November 19, 2017, 01:30:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me, please!  (Read 2413 times)
Vivian
« on: May 03, 2004, 08:42:35 PM »

We have had a new puppy for 9 days now and cannot come up with a suitable name.  He is 4 pounds and won't get much over 7.  Is black, long hair and very fiesty.  We have tried all race related names we could think of but nothing really fits something so small.  I even went to a book of names and just nothing works.  Can anyone help?Huh?   Thanks.
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 10:29:37 PM »

If it has a red collar, call him Dale!

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
sally
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 10:34:36 PM »

Or, if he's feisty enough, call him Intimidator!
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 12:59:17 PM »

Shasta Lite

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 06:00:10 PM »

I have a cat about that size. His name is SPUNKY but my wife insists on calling him the "Little Bugger" :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 09:29:31 PM »

I have been calling him Little Black Dog but haven't come up with anything that really fits him.  I do like Little Bugger.  I tried Racer and Chaser and have reasons for passing up lots of names:  neighbor named Dale, son in law named Jr and or Bubba, had a dog named Speedway once, only ONE Intimidator imo, not colorful enough to be Marbles, Don hates Tony or TS, Jamie, Smoke, Winston, Lug Nut, Pit Stop, and wants a one syllable word.  You know that spousal thing I spoke of yesterday-we agree to disagree.  Poor little dog, meanwhile he is nameless.  At this point we are almost agreed upon Jasper shortened to Jas.  What do you guys think?  He is sort of like a little engine the ways he goes and goes... :wink:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 10:41:56 PM »

I think Jasper is a good name for him.  Lou's mother used to have a dog named that.  

Personally, I like Winston, but I can't remember if you said you had one named that before.  It would be a nice tribute to RJR.  Smiley

Cheryl
rcairo1460
Sophmore

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 03:37:31 PM »

Hi - I know you said 4 -7 pounds but I am liking BENNY !
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 03:44:26 PM »

Benny isn't bad, but how about honoring ole DW and naming the pup JAWS? :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 05:55:09 PM »

Knowing what it's like to have anew puppy arounds, how about Dammit?
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 07:53:12 PM »

Been calling him "No, no, no" a lot lately and Dammit.  Everytime we think we have something, after trying it a few times it just doesn't fit.  I have never had so much trouble naming a Little Squirt and yes, we have tried that one, too.  NOTHING seems to fit.  I am going crazy.  I am going to try Benny tonight but can't go with Jaws.  Still working on it so thanks, Everyone, for your help.  Keep throwing in names and we will keep trying.
 :?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 08:41:08 PM »

You know what my suggestion is?  Buddy Wayne!

Hope that's a great name for a humble country dog :lol:

By the way, this post makes me a veteran, I think!  Can't believe how quickly this happened!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: