November 18, 2017, 12:57:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benny finds out in newspaper..NBC drops out:  (Read 730 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 17, 2005, 12:44:33 PM »

From Jayski:

"Benny finds out in newspaper..NBC drops out: Benny Parsons, NBC’s analyst, said he knew nothing about the network’s decision to bow out of NASCAR coverage until he read it in the newspaper. Parsons then called his bosses, who confirmed that the network had pulled out of the bidding process for the contract that begins in 2007. “They just weren’t prepared to pay the kind of money NASCAR wanted,” said Parsons, a former champion driver. “I’ll be 65 when this contract ends in 14 months,” he added. “I don’t think it’s as important for me as it is for some of the younger guys on our broadcasts. They’ll be scrambling.”(Gaston Gazette."

Wow, that must've been real fun finding out that way...

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:24:47 AM »

Yeah i think parsons is getting close to the end of his announcing days.

I'll bet he was upset finding out the way he did that nbc had dropped out.

I wonder if and i'm sure nbc did plan to tell those guys cause i think that would be kind of stupid to wait until the last second to tell those guys hey were through televiseing nascar all you guys need to find a new job.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:09:38 AM »

Well, at least Benny finds out before NBC and NASCAR make it official.  Still, NBC should have either waited until it became official or put out some sort of internal communication first.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: