November 22, 2017, 09:22:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowe's is absolutly rediculous  (Read 1094 times)
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« on: October 15, 2005, 04:47:13 AM »

OK, there's still 6 laps to go, and I've got to say this is one of the most rediculous races I've ever seen. Humpy has absolutly trashed the track, and its a hazard to all the drivers. Tony Stewart, who I think is one of the best drivers in all of motorsports, just simply wrecked.

Kevin Harvick crashed earlier, and he said "I told them in the care center to have lots of stretchers tomorrow night."

One of the other guys said "You think this is nuts, wait until tomorrow and we have 150 more horepower and 1 1/2 inches less spoiler. Its gonna be nuts tomorrow night."

As I'm typing this, they finally finished the Busch race, and fittingly crashed as the crossed the line. Truex even crashed after the finish line.

Bottom line, this track is absolutly attrocious. I can't believe they are saying "The track is good." It sucks, and they might break the 22 caution record again.

I'm predicting that tomorrows race is gonna be won by the pace car. I know they are gonna get the 5 points for most laps led. You guys thought 'Dega was the wild card in the Chase, its gonna be tomorrow night. Whoever survives is gonna win.
sally
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 12:11:35 PM »

You know, the 'Hupmy Bumps' used to be looked on as a test of driver skill.  Trying to make all the tracks smooth as glass and taking away their character isn't always the answer.  This is a great example of faster NOT being better.  Guess that's why they have drag cars go in a straight line for 1/4 mile only.

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 04:17:13 PM »

Wally pretty much nailed it Friday when he said the race was turning into Russian Roulette.  Same for the Cup race last night.  

And as a driver, you could just hear the disgust in his voice last night.  To me, that's says it all.

I'm just thankful we didn't see any serious injuries with all those hard wrecks because of tires two nights in a row.  I haven't been on the net since I left work Friday, so I don't know if there are any reports of how David Green checked out at the hospital after the hard hit he took Friday night.  Hopefully BGNracing.com has something about him, cause we know all the others sites are only interested in the Chase guys...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:21:33 AM »

David Green suffered a mild concussion in the crash Friday night and is not expected to miss any action.

About the only good thing about both races this year at Lowe's Motor Speedway this year is that we all checked our dictionaries for the meaning of "levigate."  See, we're not the dumb hillbilly bumpkins some of our critics think we are! :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 11:08:22 PM »

I was traveling over the past few days and last night was able to enjoy some XM shows while on the road.  There was one thing that one person called in on Benny's show that made so much sense to me. First, Don had explained to me how the mandatory air pressure could effect the cars due to several items (springs, weight distribution, etc plus not all air pressure gauges reading the same) being set for the pressures they were running. So the pressure being increased by possibly pounds rather than by fractions of pounds they normally increase by would not alievate (sp?) the problem but possibly make it worse.  So when this fella called in and I can't remember his name, but I thank him for his view as it made so much sense to me.  He said the grooving they did on the track could be compared to a record which has grooves.  When you put an 8 inch tire on a track with grooves like that only 4 inches of the tire is touching the track so that is why it is blistering in those spots.  Benny didn't fully understand but his co host sure did and the light came on for me.   So simple to me now.  Later on another show, Brad Parrot brought several of the things Don had mentioned up and he lent a lot of creadence to what had happened and why it happened with the tires.  

I, personally, tend to put the blame on Humpy, Nascar, Goodyear and then the crews - in that order.  The tires they tested there were tested before the second levigation so that was a problem also.  All I know is I never want to see another race where I am constantly wondering who is going to hit the wall next and how bad is he going to be hurt.  It was one of the most nerve wracking races I have ever watched.  There were times I would just have to walk away from the tv until I knew the driver was okay.  Although the fans who paid to watch the race and took time off work to do so would have been horrendously upset, this is one race I think they should have shortened, IMO.  But if they had, I think the fans there would have demolished the stands and everything. I am just thankful no one got hurt really bad and that David Green is going to be okay.  As far as the chase is concerned, I think any points aquired at this race should be thrown out.  Even the non contenders were wrongfully effected and basically it was through no fault of their own.  JMO...

This was not a race, but a crash fest and I think Nascar will be taking a lot of flak on this for a long time.  Like the one game in Green Bay that they called the 'Ice Bowl', this will be remembered not as the fall race at Lowes but the Crash Fest at Lowes.  JMO...
Roberta
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 05:25:07 PM »

Good post, Vivian. Dick says that a recent heart patient, lie him, shouldn't watch such a NON race event. Whatever it was, it was not a race. :?

he old Hotrodders far better half
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: