November 25, 2017, 02:55:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hit me with a hammer  (Read 655 times)
Smallblock bored
« on: October 19, 2005, 06:16:24 PM »

Just for fun some years back I decided out of nothing more than being in need of change I struck myself with a hammer on the old noggin. Although it was one of the plastic sqeaky type that a baby would use to deminstarte the true nature of man (destructive and imposing) it more than did the job as from that point on my mind would weave and tangle a mass of thought patern that would myself be forever on a path of insight and seeing things as they are or should be. So from the black distant that is things that are possible I give you things that should be considered for NASCAR as well as perhaps farther beyond.
1) Pave a track with recycled tires. Given the many uses now for this product what are the properties of grip, weathering, racability, life-usage? Perhaps it is a great surface however givin the fact that the tires may not wear all that much perhaps Goodyear would not like the fall off in tire turn over. With a solid foundation I wonder how this would work? Please don't go saying it would be bouncy due to the fact it is rubber, I think not.
2)Let owners have as many teams as they wish, without it you will see the sport be even more one sided as the big teams will still have an upper hand and it will have an even tighter grip on the teams that are one or two cars with "less money". See, less money is really the key, not less cars.
3) Turn a blind eye to some of the things that drivers can do "outside the cars" when a guy craps on your night. We have seen in the first two years of the CHASE that in car frustrations have been displayed. If you were to use a car as weapon in puplic you are in big soup, so why let a guy nift a fender at 120 and get nothing more than some fabricated fine/punishment. In hockey a guy was given a trip to a real courtroom for an on ice action what will the sport be when a guy has to go to court and pay-up 100 grand to fix a car or even face reckless endangerment charges. A good old fashioned fist full of shirt and face to face tussle does alot to bring to an even brew as hard as it is to admit. Given the guidline set fourth through common sense it makes no sense but perhaps a guy would think twice about fendering a guy if the chance was he may face him face to face rather than just some point happy slapfest. Perhaps the rumered "airport incedent" was just that. On second thought can the bickering and fighting there are too many fans that the sport would lose if it were real.
4) Pave a track ,even a test track with recycled tires, it seems that this may be a renewable resource that is just now becoming of age. I wonder what else can be paved with recycled tires. Would it give way and become kindy like trucker groved? Make the seats at the track out of recycled tires it is a renewable resource (sorta), make ok, ok, i'm a green, speaking of green have you heard that a retired Canadian defence minister has come forward and said that aliens are real. As real as the planes in our sky. That the US is planning on putting a weapon ion the moon to shoot at them if they invade! It's true. But invade? I think not, they might be a little ticked because a hockey season was canned but how could they want to invade a peace loving sportsfan infested planet like ours. If you would ask me the truth if there are aliens here as many belive and this guy from Canada says it would only sem fitting that they are race fans and our planet is most likely a big hit on thier news channels! But.... dog eat dog.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 08:30:28 PM »

:smt021      Wink
Smallblock bored
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 05:26:04 AM »

See now that works! Just think how focused you become driving to work when a tree rat jumps in front of your car, or how the clock starts to crawl if you happen to look at it by mistake 45 minutes or so before checkout. The list of hammers are never ending, one for me was when Tim Richmond just sat staring at the NASCAR paddle man after a stop and go penalty instead of leaving when he could he just sat, sat there staring at the guy, swinging that hammer into my head on how screwed up NASCAR is. Guy gots lots a good race teams? Limit him. Guy tosses a new team at NASCAR with all kinds a hollywood sparkle? Limit the number of teams a guy can own. There is a big push to get folks who are........ Now if I could just figure out what that hammer means.
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 01:25:58 PM »

I'm with Vivian on this one...

:smt021  :smt021  :smt021  :smt021  :smt021  :smt021  :smt021  :smt021  :smt021

Lou

sally
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:33:56 PM »

Wow!  I hit myself with a hammer and all I get is a headache.  You get great ideas!  I think the recycled tires are fantastic...and think of how many old tires we could use productively!  And, cut down on the places mosquitos can breed!  I've always thought that letting guys 'settle' things fice to face was a much better idea than using their cars.  When Nascar has hissy fits because a driver grabs another by the front of the uniform, what's left but using the cars?   Totally stupid.

Sal
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 12:25:52 AM »

Welcome back, Michael!  We missed you!! Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: