November 21, 2017, 12:00:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Tunnel & Inside Cup  (Read 806 times)
Vivian
« on: October 12, 2005, 12:35:39 AM »

Did anyone watch WT Sunday?  It was great!  Bob Jenkins co hosted and it was one of the best shows yet.  Bob was actually fired from NBC shortly after he was hired, he said.  Was so many years with ESPN and now with Speed.  He gave some good insight to the 'Good Old Days'.  If you didn't see it, you missed a good one.

On Inside Cup last night, it seemed that Dave cut Mikey off a couple of times and I loved it.  He would just steer to another subject or thought and that would shut Mikey up.  Great handling of the situation, IMO....
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 12:55:19 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
On Inside Cup last night, it seemed that Dave cut Mikey off a couple of times and I loved it.  He would just steer to another subject or thought and that would shut Mikey up.  Great handling of the situation, IMO....

I noticed that too, and grudgingly, it made me a little more receptive to him as the new host.  Still some things I don't like in the new format, but if Despain helps shut MW up, maybe he'll grow on me.  I know a lot of people don't like Brian Vickers because of some on-track incidents this year; however, I find him a refreshing addition to the show.  He certainly is not afraid to go up against Waltrip and adds the younger driver's perspective.  While I hate the practice, I appreciated his perspective on bump drafting (from someone who has seen it done since he's been in Cup).

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 08:57:48 PM »

I am not a Vickers fan at all, but like Cheryl, I find him intriguing and refreshing on Inside Cup.  I still refuse to call it INC.  It is just plain Inside Cup to me!
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 02:06:01 AM »

I loved seeing Bob Jenkins on WT Sunday night. I always liked him from the ESPN days. And I do like Despain for the fact that he always calls it as he see's it, and doesn't kiss NASCAR's @$$ like the others over at Speed Channel.

I also do like Vickers on INC. He's not camera shy, like some of the "guest hosts" I've seen earlier in the year. He's not afraid to get right in there and talk about something. And its also good to see someone shutting Mikey up. I love Mikey's attitudes sometimes, and the "once in a while" smart-alec comments and sponsor plugs, but he really has been overdoing it lately. His comment after Talladega about "I thought the wreck was bad, but then I looked over and there's the Aaron's Dream Machine wrecked right next to me, and I immediatly knew it was not going to be a good day."

After seeing Jenkins on WT, and remembering the old Speedworld show, how about putting him on INC instead? Speed isn't using him for a whole lot (Only for Speed News), and I beleive he would be perfect for that type of show.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 10:26:28 PM »

Go figure bob's on windtunnel and i miss it. I think i was doing something sunday night maybe i was watching baseball can't remember.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: