November 19, 2017, 11:17:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 TV Deal  (Read 3596 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 04:15:56 AM »

This is confusing.  We are hearing two different versions (one from AP, the other from RacingOne) about whether or not NBC/TNT will return.  I'm eager to hear the official announcement.

I agree with Bryan.  However, something tells me that Todd Harris will be part of the ABC/ESPN team for just the reason he said.  Would he handle Erin Crocker in the same breathless way he talked about Danica Patrick at the Indy 500? :x

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »

Another reason todd harris is annoying is cause we had to keep hearing todd say how great dario franchitti is and what a great guy he is and this and that after 5 months or more of hearing it it gets old after awhile.

I like dario but there's only so much of todd harris saying he is a great guy over and over again you can take.

Also i get sick of seeing grown women crying ashley judd.

And i like some of the movies ashley's in but still.

Also i get sick of todd harris saying the new james bond should be dario franchitti he said that 100 times in the california irl race.

Plus todd saying he said something about danica patrick coming up through the field like she was really coming the only reaason she gained positions was cause people were pitting.

Cause danica they missed the setup on her car rahal said they put too much downforce in her car cause of the weather conditions.

I like danica and i do think she is attractive but harris repeats himself over and over and over and over i hope he doesn't announce nascar races he maybe worse than the foxcrew put together he ought to be on fox.

I don't see how scott goodyear puts up with it.

I know what i would do.

I hope they bring abc brings back paul page or jenkins or jerry punch in next year to announce indycar.

Cause this young kid harris ain't doing the job.

The only one as annoying as harris is jack arute he used to be okay when he did nascar races for espn in the 80's.

But somewhere in the 90's he changed. His attitude changed.

He became a guy that you would see interview grown women crying.

And arute did a bunch of other nonsense.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 12:24:20 PM »

Personally, I don't care to hear about Danica at all... Wink

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 04:47:51 PM »

With all this talk about the upcoming changes, I am just praying we still get to see the full Cup schedule here.  We are not allowed (thanks to the CRTC!) to have ESPN in Canada (so they partnered with the inept TSN channel here that I have mentioned before that we LOVE so much ;-) )..

ABC no problem. Get at least two feeds of that on the dish..

I guess it's not really much different than what we have now.  We get Fox, and NBC but aren't allowed to get TNT or FX.  Luckily TSN picked up the cup races that weren't on NBC/FOX.  However I noticed this year that our other sports channel (Rogers Sportsnet) used to show a few Busch races. This year I didn't see ANY in the guide.  That sucks!  No Busch races shown here that weren't on NBC.

I just hope whoever gets the contract remembers that it's not only the U.S. who likes watching NASCAR!
sally
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 05:33:36 PM »

Perhaps it's time to be pro active and remind ESPN about the fans of the North Country who are also fans.  Can't hurt.

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 05:49:54 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Perhaps it's time to be pro active and remind ESPN about the fans of the North Country who are also fans.  Can't hurt.

Sally, I think Craig is saying it's the Canadian government or broadcasters that do NOT allow them to get ESPN.  I don't think it's ESPN's choice.  But I could be wrong!    :?

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 05:54:53 PM »

You are 100% correct Cheryl.. The CRTC (Canadian Radio-television Telecommunications Commission) dictates what channels are allowed to be broadcast here.  Here is a snip from their website's FAQ.. 100% pure "Government speak" here.. :-)

Q. Why canít I watch more American and other non-Canadian programs?
A. The CRTC is committed to giving Canadians access to a wide variety of broadcasting services, both foreign and Canadian. Part of the CRTC's mandate, however, is to ensure that cable companies, direct-to-home (DTH) satellite services (i.e. Bell ExpressVu and StarChoice) and multipoint distribution systems (MDS) such as Look TV, Image Communications, and Sky Cable, give priority to the carriage of Canadian television signals

AKA we are only allowed so many "non-Canadian content" channels and any new channels our providers want to add, have to go through these clowns first..  

No wonder some people up here said to heck with the Government and went and bought a grey market dish and grabbed up DirectTV, etc. signals originally intended for you guys in the U.S..  They weren't trying to "steal free TV", they were only trying to have more choices in what we are able to watch!

Craig
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 12:08:46 AM »

I agree, Craig.  Such artificial protections for Canadian programming stink.

The entertainment world is truly global.  If Canadian shows are not as good as those in the rest of the world, they shouldn't be on TV even in their home country.

Thank goodness the U.S. has nothing like that.  Now, as for content, that's another matter...

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 12:58:10 PM »

From Jayski today:

"NASCAR considers TV moves: NASCAR is trying to create a six-race package for TNT into its next Nextel Cup television package, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal reports. Sources told the publication that NASCAR is looking at taking three races from Fox and three from ABC/ESPN for TNT, although the races have not been identified. In this week's issue, writer Andy Bernstein also says that NASCAR wants to give Fox a chance to bid before awarding the entire Busch Series schedule to ESPN for its ESPN2 channel, a move that was reported earlier. Bernstein also reports that NASCAR has told networks that it must have further discussions with Fox before making any final decisions on the new TV package.(NASCAR Scene Daily Newsletter)(10-24-2005)"

So...we're to assume the next TV contract will be even more fragmented than before 2001, huh?  Of course,  I'm all for anything that takes some races away from Fox.   :smt041

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 05:44:01 PM »

And this new TV deal was sold to the public as a way to allow fans to know exactly where to find the races on TV, right?  No mention of how much of the money goes directly into Nascar pockets.  Sounds as if we will have even more networks carrying races than we had before the deal.  But, like you, Cheryl, anything that shortens the Fox schedule is OK by me!

Sal
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: