November 20, 2017, 06:33:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memphis Busch Broadcast  (Read 1033 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 22, 2005, 09:26:43 PM »

First off, the race is apparently tape-delayed.  I only know this because MRN told us at 3:30, they were joining the race in progress.  I thought I'd heard them earlier say the race was starting at 3 p.m. eastern time.

Next, if you are delaying the broadcast, why waste so much time on the pre-race activities.  

Then what really made me want to puke was Benny telling us that the Daytona newspaper thinks they should say "something" to start the race.  So TNT bought into that and has some stupid saying this timeHow stupid!  So, just because Fox acts stupid and some newspaper pressures you, you're gonna buy into it?  Thankfully, he said "we're only going to do this one time only."  God, let's hope so.  At least I had enough forewarning, I could mute the TV.

Then TNT who is showing a tape of the race misses the first restart?  Tell me how exactly that happens?  Oh yeah, that's right, they just don't think it's important to get back in time anymore.

Next around lap 48, they are showing something else and come back to show Sauter passing for the lead and say "great battle for the lead" as they catch him already pretty much past the leader.  Yeah, that was really a battle...

Now a missed caution and a bunch more commercials.  If I really didn't care to see a rare stand alone event not chocked full of Buschwackers, I'd just listen to the "already in progress" version on XM.  At least it would be live.

Cheryl
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:55:50 PM »

Blah, lap 108 and ANOTHER missed restart! What the hell, man? You're showing it TAPE DELAYED!! How do you MISS A RESTART??

I've got it, Cheryl. There's no Cup guys here, so they can't talk all about the "Chase", so this Busch race is just unimportant.

I don't mind the tape delay, so that it doesn't conflict with the Truck race. But if you're gonna tape-delay it, at least fix all the "live" screw ups, like missed restarts.
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 10:31:47 PM »

Geez, have they caught a SINGLE RESTART in this race? I have yet to see one. They are consitently catching the race after at least 1 full green flag lap.

I'm sorry, but missing every restart in a TAPE DELAYED race is flat out inexcusable. This is one category that Fox beats NBC at, and I'm glad NBC is getting out of the sport for this reason. They just don't seem to care about anything anymore.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 12:03:58 AM »

Out of curiosity, Cheryl, what was the "dumb saying" at the drop of the green flag?  It can't be that much worse than BBB, right?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 04:36:16 PM »

The great <Smiley> saying was "Release the Hounds", which was a Seinfeld reference.  I hope it was just for this race, cause my mute button was worn out during the Fox half of the season.

sally
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 05:54:40 PM »

BP swore it was a one time only thing for the people in Daytona Beach.  Personally, I was laughing myself silly, because I thought it was a great way to make fun of the whole "BBB" thing that DW thinks is so cute.  I thought they were thumbing their nose at Fox.  That's something I can appreciate.

sal
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 08:15:27 PM »

I didn't catch the start but it must have been just as ridiculous as the bbb crap.  What is so wrong with "Green flag, let'em race" or something to that effect?  Next thing we know they will be using the greyhound race starting phrase.  "Here's Swifty and they'r off!" But I am sure Tony Stewart would hit the roof over that one since he rescues greyhounds.

I really, really enjoyed hearing Alan broadcast again!
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 11:24:16 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy cheryl i can't believe that race was tape delayed?? that sucks big time  i guess tnt can't tell the truth anymore huh seriously i thought for once the busch series would get its due guess not. :shock:  :shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: