November 19, 2017, 10:33:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One More Opinion.  (Read 451 times)
sally
« on: October 08, 2005, 08:15:15 PM »

Read this in Mike Mulhern's column this morning.

One crew chief, who asked not to be named for risk of being penalized by NASCAR, perhaps even suspended, pointed to the NASCAR rule book as specifically outlawing the way that Johnson and Busch used their rear shocks at Dover, regardless of what may have happened in the post-race inspection shed: "Right here, on page 71, under 'Car height adjustment devices,' section 20 --12.9 paragraph C: 'Electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, remote control or any other devices that change the handling characteristics or height of the car will not be permitted."

"It says it 'will not be permitted,' so it was wrong and they should have been thrown out.

"The end result was their cars were low and they didn't do anything about it. Either you're right or you're wrong.

"I'm still mad about that deal, and I don't mind talking to you about it. Just don't use my name. I've got to be so right, and if I get caught with anything, it could be real ugly."

Maybe Greg Biffle was right after all?

Sal
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 09:41:20 PM »

I hate to sound so morbid, but maybe Hendrick Motorsports is getting all the breaks because of the fatal plane crash one year ago this month.  NASCAR has always played, and will always play, favorites.

What is disturbing is the climate of censorship.  NASCAR should be more open so that people like this crew chief can speak more freely.  It's always been a dictatorship, but it's benevolent no more.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: