November 22, 2017, 09:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pit Bull...S...  (Read 867 times)
sally
« on: May 02, 2004, 12:05:57 AM »

Did anyone else watch Pit Bulls tonight?  Ben Blake from Speed cnannel said the problem at Talladega was caused because Nascar has "spoiled" its fans!  They have given fans "everything the want", and we're spoiled!  Needless to say, I'm off the send some E mail.
 :evil:
Sally
sally
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 12:04:58 PM »

I guess Speed must have read Matt Mclaughlin's article last Thursday, and decided to play it safe.  I didn't hear a live audience during Pit Bull last night.  After Ben Blake said Nascar fans were spoiled because "Nascar gives them everything they want", I can see why they opted  for no live race fans.
Sally Cool
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 01:11:09 PM »

I watched my recording of the show last night after the race.  Like you, I couldn't believe Ben Blake's pompous remarks about the fans "getting everything they want."  Like most drivers and people in the media, he is clearly out of touch with the fans.    Overall, he hasn't provided much meaningful insight on that show at all in my opinion.  

But other than his remark, I enjoyed the rest of the discussion on the show.  I think the reason there wasn't much of a crowd is because they chose to tape the show during Winston Cup Happy Hour.  Any "real" fans would've been over in the grandstands watching that instead of the taping of a talk show.  

I think the guys did nail the issue of the fan's behavior at Talladega being unacceptable and it was sad that the Alabama State Trooper told whoever it was that they couldn't do anything about the crowd's behavior because they were outnumbered.  Now, THAT is scarey if you ask me!  

Cheryl
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 08:12:01 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
I think the guys did nail the issue of the fan's behavior at Talladega being unacceptable and it was sad that the Alabama State Trooper told whoever it was that they couldn't do anything about the crowd's behavior because they were outnumbered.  Now, THAT is scarey if you ask me!

And if you've ever been to Talladega (not you Cheryl, obviously) and seen the impressive display of law enforcement that they have at the race, it would scare you even more. Short of having a military presence there, there's not much more they could possibly do.

Lou

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: