November 17, 2017, 10:18:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC/TNT out?  (Read 1064 times)
Richie
Sophmore

« on: September 20, 2005, 02:15:39 PM »

anyone see this on Jayski?

NBC/TNT Gone after 2006? ....word has already been leaked to the staff at NBC and TNT not to expect to come back following the 2006 [NASCAR Nextel Cup] season.(Yahoo Sports)(9-20-2005)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:53:24 PM »

Wow!  I didn't see that!  Thanks for posting it Richie!  I haven't been on Jayski today though, but will check it out now.  So I guess they decided  not to be extorted for more money by NA$CAR.  I say good for them!  Let's hope, though, this means ABC/ESPN will be back in the picture.  I hate to think the viewers will be stuck with Fox all year long. :shock:

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 05:31:28 PM »

I can't say I'm surprised, once I heard that NBC had signed up some football for their fall lineup.  I suspect that had almost as much bearing on it as Baby Brian grabbing for their money with both fists.

Sal
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 05:36:28 PM »

Cheryl said:

"I hate to think the viewers will be stuck with Fox"

BITE YOUR TONGUE..  :-)

I dunno if I would be happy with ESPN getting in on it.. Yet another channel we don't get..  ABC would be OK.. That we get..
sally
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 05:46:08 PM »

I don't know what I'd do if I had to listen to the Tower of Babble all season...to say nothing of that imbicilic  "B...B...B"! :smt019
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 08:30:25 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I don't know what I'd do if I had to listen to the Tower of Babble all season...to say nothing of that imbicilic  "B...B...B"! :smt019

Radio is the only answer, Sally. I wish I had more time to listen to my XM.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 09:06:16 PM »

I didn't read that either.  But it does not surprise me.  Over the long haul, there are definitely more football fans out there.  Nascar is riding a wave now but I doubt if it will be as lasting as football has throughout the years.  Once a lot of us veteran fans, who know what real racing is, are gone then they will only have fans who are in it for entertainment and name dropping purposes left.  JMHO...
jw
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 09:44:27 PM »

FOX just renewed their portion of the NFL contract thru 2011, so FOX CANNOT
show the second half the NASCAR season. Their resources would be stretched too thin. If FOX/FX got the entire season, either there will be more
Saturday Night races or very odd starting times on Sunday on either FOX or FX.
If anybody is in position to go after the entire season, Cup & Busch, it will be ABC/ESPN.  
Also, the PGA Tour TV contract, which expires after 2006, is still a wildcard
in the NASCAR TV situation.  Various golf publications are reporting that ABC wants out of covering golf.  These reports have never been confirmed.
sally
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 10:00:16 PM »

jw, you STILL da MAN!
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 11:23:14 PM »

i've got for word to say IT'S ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL!!! the nfl over nascar any day of the week and i'm a nascar fan guys. also if the nfl made abc/espn choose between it and nascar they'll choose the nfl hands down. Cheesy  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: