November 21, 2017, 01:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New SPEED Line-Up  (Read 1063 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 13, 2005, 12:27:14 PM »

From Jayski:

"Speed Reduces NASCAR Nation to one night, adds two shows and expands another: Beginning Sept. 19, SPEED Channel will air NASCAR Nation on Mondays only, making room for a pair of new shows focused on the NASCAR Chase for the NEXTEL Cup and NASCAR's annual "Silly Season."
"With 10 races to go in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series season, fans want to know about two things - the championship and what's going on with their favorite driver," said Hunter Nickell, SPEED Channel Executive VP & General Manager. "With adjustments to already existing SPEED programming and the addition of new shows like One-Track Mind, Back-Seat Drivers and The Chase is On, the network is uniquely positioned to deliver coverage that matches the viewers' interests in both areas."
One-Track Mind will be a weekly, long-form interview with each of the driver-crew chief combinations in the Chase for the NEXTEL Cup.
Back-Seat Drivers, hosted by NASCAR.com's Marty Smith and Shannon Spake, will be a weekly look at the hot topics in the NASCAR garage. If NASCAR fans are talking about it, Back-Seat Drivers will be talking about it. "Even if your favorite driver is Jeff Gordon, you still want to know what's going on at DEI or Roush Racing during Silly Season," Nickell added. "Back-Seat Drivers will talk about driver changes, crew changes, sponsors coming and going - everything is fair game."
In addition to the new shows, SPEED Channel also is expanding the popular Thursday night program Beyond the Wheel to a one-hour Beyond the Wheel - Chase Edition.
SPEED Channel's new weekday 7:00pm programming wheel (7 p.m., 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. ET & PT):
* Monday - NASCAR NATION (30 minutes)
* Tuesday - One-Track Mind (30 minutes)
* Wednesday - Back-Seat Drivers (30 minutes)
* Thursday - Beyond the Wheel (Expanded to one hour)
SPEED Channel also recently announced The Chase is On, a weekly preview of each of the 10 races making up NASCAR's Chase for the NEXTEL Cup with Ralph Sheheen and 1999 Cup champion Dale Jarrett. The show debuts Thursday at 8:00pm/et and pt.(SPEED Channel)(9-13-2005)"
jw
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:35:47 PM »

The most interesting thing about this program change announcement is that Chris Long DID NOT announce these changes.  Hunter Nickell did.
Hunter Nickell, before coming to SPEED, was the VP of Fox Sports South.
Fox Sports South currently airs "Around the Track".
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 03:46:40 PM »

Quote from: "jw"
The most interesting thing about this program change announcement is that Chris Long DID NOT announce these changes.  Hunter Nickell did.
Hunter Nickell, before coming to SPEED, was the VP of Fox Sports South.
Fox Sports South currently airs "Around the Track".

Nice catch, JW!  Hopefully, that means Long is on his way out.   :smt026

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 05:40:16 PM »

Great.  Can we get his 'improvements' to IWC changed back to Allen?  Much as I like Despain on WT, I just don't think he fits in IWC.

Sal
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:50:05 PM »

Too much nascar.
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 09:35:45 PM »

I think I agree with Bryan.  Too much NASCAR...
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 01:29:53 AM »

I'll give Back Seat Driver a shot when it premiers.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 03:02:17 AM »

I'll try backseat driver, and Beyond the Wheel is great.  I have no interest in more shows about the crapshoot, which is what the others seem to be.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 04:39:22 AM »

Reason why i say too much nascar is i am interested in other series of racing besides nascar yes i like nascar but i aso like indycar sportscar i sometimes watch f1 even though i'm kind of losing interest in that too.

I also like sprint car racing like the world of outlaws and usac i think it's too bad that these tv networks don't televise more of that stuff and the late model and modified series's on tv.

Because the world of outlaws and usac and late models and modifieds produce some of the best racing in the us i think.

I know a lot of stuff has been taken off of the speed network or their programming has been shortened or lessened to make room for na$car.

I would rather see actual racing on the speed channel and not all the fluff and hype and other stuff they have on their now.

That's 1 reason why i don't care for some of these shows that speed televises where they just sit there and talk when there's actual racing the speed channel could be televiseing but they'd rather televise people talking and fluff and all that stuff.

I heard on the night the knoxville nationals was ran they had windtunnel on and dave despain and someone was saying that maybe despain tried to blame tony stewart for the nationals not being televised.

And my response was tony stewart has nothing to do with knoxville and doesn't even run that track.

I just think dave speed and fox were trying to put the blame on someone else and use someone else as a scapegoat if that is even true.

I'm not sure if it any of it is true though like i said i just heard a rumor.

I do hold speed responsible for not televiseing knoxville i guess speed or the people who own the speed channel didn't want to pay the money for the announcers and crew of the speed to stay over an extra day.

But i'll bet they would if it was na$car.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: