November 20, 2017, 06:52:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RACE FAN BEHAVIOR  (Read 2371 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 10:38:10 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Speaking of how generations change, back in 1984 I saw this short training movie called "You Are What You Were When" which started with the 1940's values of barter, then the 1950's layaway system, then the 1960's charge accounts, then 1970's credit card rush and on to the 1980's where children started taking the attitude of you owe me and since you do I don't have to value anything because you will give me anything I want because my friends get anything they want.  The trend being that each generation hoping to make it easier for their children than they had it have raised a bunch (of course not all are in this catagory) of irresponsible adults who really know nothing about values or respect.  And as Dave would say, "That's My Take!"   Smiley

Excellent post, Vivian!  I'd love to see that movie, but I hate that attitude among kids, but it is SO sadly true.  

As to Sally's comment about NASCAR getting what they deserve, I agree on most aspects of what they are doing to the sport, but I will never agree with what the fans at Talladega did.  There is no excuse for that.  None in my book.  And from what I read today, some people even threw plastic bottles at Gordon when he won last Sunday at California.  That is just wrong!  So what was the excuse this week since we saw a green flag finish?  But the people last weekend set the precedence, so unfortunatley we are going to see more and more of this.  To stop it, will NASCAR ban all coolers and only sell sodas in paper cups?  I guess you can't do too much damage with a paper cup.  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 01:07:23 AM »

Cheryl, I don't think what the "fans" did at Dega was OK at all.  But Nascar has courted the young fans.  I think this is the sort of behavior they can expect from them.  This is waht they wanted, isn't it?  Now they have to figure out how to deal with it.
Sally
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: