November 22, 2017, 05:38:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (New and Improved?) IWC  (Read 1338 times)
sally
« on: September 13, 2005, 02:09:40 AM »

OK, was it just me, or was that the flattest show you've seen on IWC?  To me it was just another Q&A with heavy emphasis on the crapshoot and Roush.  They barely had time to mention the truck or Busch races.  The only thing I can say in a positive vein is that Mikey shut up more than usual.  I guess shows like this are all about chemistry, too, and I sure didn't see or feel any there tonight.

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:18:19 PM »

We only caught about the first five minutes before the phone rang.  I just wanted to see a little bit to see how bad it was.  From the part I saw, it was awfully calm.  Despain seemed to be talking quietly like to a bunch of kids during storytime.   :lol:   Okay, MW's case, that's probably appropriate.  I also noticed that MW was more quiet since Brian Vickers is more outgoing than Johnny.  From the bit I saw, Vickers did a fine job though.

I also noticed the set had been change [yet again].  I'm glad they got rid of that stupid desk with flashing lights, but their legs looked kind of awkward in those chairs.  Also, new pictures behind them which was refreshing IMHO.  And they actually seemed to be very current ones, like Busch doing his burnout after the race Sat. night.

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 08:30:59 PM »

I only caught a bit of it, but boy Despain was unexciting  The whole atmosphere of the show sure changed.. Not necessarily for the better.. I did like the set/pictures much better though..  Despain just doesn't seem to bring any excitement with him..
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 09:34:52 PM »

It seemed to have a quiet, somber approach that just made it very boring to me.  Just another review of the race like Victory Lane and Trackside type atmosphere for the participants.  Very hard to sit and watch.  I just loved Despain on Wind Tunnel when it was on 4 nights a week and this show cannot even begin to compare to the excitement of that one.  I just wish they would bring that one - WT - back in it's old format.  

I doubt I will watch again.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 11:37:49 PM »

The reason I watched IWC was cause of the joking around and the banter.  Thats what made it stand out against the other 100 nascar review shows on Speed.  Now (IMO) its just a plain jane show.

I always make it a point to watch it on Monday nights, but I think I'll be doing other things from now on.

derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 03:51:24 PM »

Shawn said:

"The reason I watched IWC was cause of the joking around and the banter.  Thats what made it stand out against the other 100 nascar review shows on Speed"

EXACTLY why I watched the show also...
sally
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 12:12:52 AM »

Exactly!  That was what distinguished it from every other sports show on TV.  Despain shines on WT, but is out of his field with the bunch on IWC.  Yes, we got some 'insights' on the racing, but mostly we got to see the drivers relaxed and comfortable with each other.  Why did each of them have a clipboard?  Apparently spontenaiety isn't  high on the list of priorities anymore.  Now I can watch something else on Minday night.

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 07:45:30 PM »

Quote from: "shawn"
The reason I watched IWC was cause of the joking around and the banter.

Hey Shawn!  Good to have you back!  

:smt006

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 04:46:28 AM »

If we could just combine the new set with the old cast of characters, especially Allen Bestwick, it would be perfect.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »

I don't know if any of you here read Carol's columns over at insiderracing's site, but I've been reading them for several years. She's got a quick, yet great review of the new "INC" show..

http://insiderracingnews.com/WYB/091605.html

This is her weekly (Friday) article for her mailbag but has a "Cheers and Jeers" section at the bottom this week for INC.  Her Cheers and Jeers (every Tuesday) articles are usually right on the money (with some good humor thrown in) about the weekend's racing..

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: