November 20, 2017, 01:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bubble Cam"?  (Read 1016 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 08, 2005, 12:40:24 PM »

Also on XM this morning, I heard an interview with director, Mike Wells, from NBC/TNT.  He was talking about how they'll have cameras on all the "bubble" drivers and switch to covering whoever is on the bubble at any particular moment.  Oh boy, I can't wait... :roll:  

Lou and I were AT this race last year, so I don't know how bad it was then, but this doesn't sound good IMHO.  43 drivers on the track and TNT is already deciding who they will cover.  Oh, yeah, he also named three drivers who will also have a camera on them at all times.  These are three whose sponsors spend a lot of money on commercials for the broadcast (my words), but don't stand a chance of getting in the Chase (and most likely won't be running up front either).  What a surprise...  So if Schrader, Rudd or Terry Labonte are leading or running in the top 5, I guess that means we'll barely see them.  How sad...Two are multiple winners at Richmond and all three always run well on short tracks.

So TNT is now really making me dread watching the broadcast from a track I really love... :evil:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 03:20:55 PM »

Cheryl, since you have been to Richmond, why not listen to Barney and whoever else ids on XM and let your mind visualize the action? Probably a better view in some ways anyhow. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:34:42 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Cheryl, since you have been to Richmond, why not listen to Barney and whoever else ids on XM and let your mind visualize the action? Probably a better view in some ways anyhow. :-D

Great idea, Dick!  I probably will spend a great deal of time listening to MRN on Saturday night.  Especially since TNT will probably be at commercial much of the time.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 05:42:21 PM »

I wish I had that option!  We don't get any race broadcasts in my area!  Guess this proves how serious the media (TV) was about how much coverage ANY driver would get if they were running up front, right?  Apparently the Script has already been written, and woe to anyone who doesn't want to follow the drivers of choice.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 12:02:13 AM »

The program has been exposed... :evil:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: