November 23, 2017, 06:40:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richmond Race  (Read 890 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 11, 2005, 09:41:06 PM »

Personally, I had a hard time staying awake til the end (although I stuck it out to the bitter end).  This was just another boring Richmond race IMHO.  That track USED to be good, until ISC bought it a few years ago and managed to screw up the racing surface.  To me, it seemed obvious unless you had a clearly superior car, no one could pass last night.

At the end, all I could say to Lou was I was sure glad we gave up our Richmond tickets because I'd hate to have spent money on that "race."

If it hadn't of been for the manufactured excitement by the TV guys, they certainly would've had little to talk about all night.

Granted a couple of guys made desperate by the Chase format tried to go three-wide when you could barely go two-wide and wrecked some guys who were innocent victims.  Not my idea of a good race at all. Sad

And now we have that wonderful track in NH for next's weeks "enterntainment event."   :smt015

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »

I heard part of it on XM and watched the rest on TV. The XM folks certainly made it sound exciting when Kurt was trying to get around Harvick a few laps before the halfway point.
 By the time I ggot to a TV, Kurt was dominating and there was not much racing thereafter.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 11:18:15 PM »

There was no competition for first but I did notice some good racing back in the pack.  I saw several drivers get into other drivers and create havoc and got to see both Robbie Gordon and Tony Raines penalized for an unprecedented 5 laps.  Does everything this set a new standard and we will see it happen a lot in the next 10 races?  Once they set a precedent (like using the s--t word) don't they have to follow through with others when they do the same thing?  Or will we see the continued bias and favortism?Huh?
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 07:57:22 PM »

I know kyle petty was penalized 5 laps in 1996 at the 1996 coca cola 600 for causing a multicar crash going into turn 1 or at least nascar tried to say kyle caused it by rough or over agressive driving i'm not sure if the wreck was kyle's fault or not since i haven't seen the 1996 coca cola 600 in years i used to have it on tape but my tape  got ate my vcr was hungry.

But i do nascar penalized him 5 laps and i believe they have penalized someone else 5 laps as well i know they've given people 2 lap penalties in the past as well.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 12:21:19 PM »

There have been many people held 5 laps in the past.  Jimmy Spencer quickly comes to mind for me.  Actually I saw him parked at Hickory and Dover both for rough driving.

If the incident Bryan is referring to with Kyle Petty, I'm not sure it was his driving that caused that penalty but some things his car owner, Felix Sabatas, said to Gary Nelson over the radio.   :lol:

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 04:26:30 PM »

Were the incidents where spencer was parked were they in well i know hickory was a busch race.

But was the incident spencer caused at dover in a busch race or cup race the other incident you mentioned where spencer was parked?
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 04:33:25 PM »

Cheryl you mentioned spencer being parked i didn't know they parked or benched anybody for rough driving before.

I mean i knew they had penalized guys laps.

But i didn't know they had parked a guy benched a guy for a race until harvick and spencer.

I know harvick got benched nascar would not allow harvick to run the cup race at martisville in 2002 cause of rough driving and nascar actually parked him for the remainder of the truck race that day too.

That cup race was the race where kenny wallace substituted for harvick in the goodwrecnh car.

I know jimmy got suspended or parked for a week in was it 2003?

Cause of punching kurt busch.

I've even heard a rumor that spencer broke kurt busch's nose but i've never heard this confirmed.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 04:45:37 PM »

When I say "parked" I mean just for that one race - a harsher immediate penalty than just holding them five laps.  The one time with Spencer was the final race of the BGN season at Hickory in 1992.  Another time was a few years later in a Busch race at Dover.  Both times, they felt he was driving so rough, NASCAR just decided to get him off the track.

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 04:56:06 PM »

I wonder if spencer was taken to the nascar trailer and if him and the officials talked?

I wonder if they both cussed each other out? :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: