November 23, 2017, 05:43:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erin Crocker  (Read 643 times)
alfers
Veteran

« on: September 09, 2005, 04:09:37 PM »

Erin Crocker was the Grand Marshall at last night's truck race in Richmond.  One night before she is to debut in the Busch series.

Is NASCAR so desperate for publicity they have to march Ms. Crocker out there at every opportunity?  I know of no other rookie that was Grand Marshall the race prior to their debut.  What an added touch to have Betty Crocker as her sponsor.

The desperation was answered with "The Chase for the Championship".  Instead of points racing all season long, now they can points race for the first 26 races to make the Chase.   It would be really sporting if attention was paid to each race instead of making a circus of the whole thing.

I've had my say and now I'll crawl back into my hole.
sally
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 09:11:47 PM »

Well said, alfers.  But, as we all know, Nascar has never met 'face time' it didn't love.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:24:19 PM »

Welcome back, everyone.

In response to Alfers, I can think of another event at which she has already represented NASCAR: the Soap Box Derby last month.  Oh, yes, a "youth initiative of NASCAR." :x

By the way, Erin will drive in the Busch Series full-time next year, sponsored by Cheerios and Betty Crocker (no relation).  Good luck!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 11:41:40 PM »

It is sort of unusal to have females driving the the fendered series.  One or two here and there has been all we have had for years.  The media does tend to overplay stuff like that.  I am excited about this Erin Crocker and Ray E. is excited about her.  Maybe with some track time she will do well.  It will be interesting to watch and I hope she does as well as Ray seems to think she will.  I don't want to turn this into a male/female thing, but there are many male drivers who have had a rough time adapting to racing in Busch and Cup.  There are many male drivers who seem to be the focus of the media because of their age or looks so, IMO, she fits right in that media attention getting category.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: