November 19, 2017, 01:30:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IROC Race at Richmond  (Read 438 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 09, 2005, 02:55:45 PM »

I'll admit the first 60 laps of that race was as boring as when we were there last year. However, the last 5 or so were pretty darn good, with a very exiting finish!  How cool that Ricky Craven came over to remind Busch of their similar battle at Darlington two years ago.  It might not be a NASCAR race, but at least we've finally seen an actual close finish among NASCAR guys this season.

I even found myself rooting for some of the open-wheel guys for a change.  It was interesting that they found actually touching other cars on a short track is not such a bad thing.   Maybe they'll realize fenders aren't such a bad thing!  Wink

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 04:55:55 PM »

Who needs fenders.
alfers
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 05:29:36 PM »

I thought for sure Kurt was going to ride Mark up the track on that final lap.  Perhaps he was trying to see what a real race was like?

Congratulations to the FIVE TIME IROC champion!
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 11:32:30 PM »

The last few laps were great.  Plus, I loved what Helio said in his interview afterwards.  He really seems to want to learn to drive those 'fendered' cars.  

The Cup drivers definitely have the advantage but some of those open wheel drivers do pretty well.  They need to get more track time and then they could really compete.  Then we would really have an IROC rather than a "Let's see if someone besides a Cup driver can win today" race.   JMO...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: