November 17, 2017, 11:59:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Race at Michigan  (Read 327 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 22, 2005, 02:54:20 PM »

About 50% of the time, there is a lot of good racing at MI and 50% of the time, there isn't.  In my view from the mobile speedcouch, this was the latter.  yes, there was some great 2 X 2 X 2 racing at times, but in the end, it was a pretty boring race.  It was good to see Jeremy snooker them and make it to Victory Lane, but I'm sure he'd rather have won racing somebody.  

Poor Matt Kenseth thought he was racing Carl for the win.  Didn't anyone on his team think to tell him otherwise? :?   I saw he and Carl bodyslam each other, but thankfully there were no hard feelings.

Can't wait for Wednesday night here at Bristol.  Best racing of the week is sure to be found in the Hooters race and truck races here.  

If you're looking for a little entertainment, check out the little ditty Lou wrote yesterday during the Cup race:

http://www.usarfans.com/article.php/20050821143945464

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 10:34:28 PM »

No way I can top that little ditty, so have a great time!!!!! :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 03:02:40 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
No way I can top that little ditty, so have a great time!!!!! :-D

Thanks, Dick!  We're getting ready to head up to the track to get our media credentials in about an hour.  No cars on track today, but hauler parking for Hooters and the truck series this afternoon and tech inspection for Hooters as well.  

Then we're off to a "rev it up" party at Hooters in Johnson City tonight.   But I will be checking on you kids later to make sure you are behaving yourselves.   :lol:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 05:52:09 PM »

I enjoyed watching the race from this past weekend.  There seemed to be a bit more tight racing and the surprising finish was a welcome change.  It is always good to have a different winner rather than the same ones week after week.  There seemed to be Roush domination most of the race, but then gas mileage played it's part and the outcome was not as predicted.  

Like Cheryl said, Matt and Carl seemed to think they were racing for the win but I think the 'chase' rights were involved and they both want to be in the top ten in a few weeks.  JMO...

I don't know, this chase thing does keep the suspense up for the last few that will be in it but then I still feel sorry for those who won't be able to advance any more in the last 10 races.  So much $$$ and prestige at stake for those drivers.  Yes, the chase is also exciting, but all drivers should have more to look forward to.  JMO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: