November 22, 2017, 01:42:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ganassi Announcement  (Read 381 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 12, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »

Just heard on XM at lunch that Ganassi has announced that Mears will be moving to a 4th team next year with the sponsor Home 1-2-3, and Reed Sorenson will be taking over the driving duties for the Target, #41 next season, while running most of the Busch races as well.  Doesn't sound like Chip is planning on releasing McMurray anytime soon.

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 02:31:14 AM »

This makes me think. Chip has 2 rookie drivers in his cars next year. Is it fair that these rookies get automatic entry in the races because of owner points? Were Dale Earnhardt, Bobby Allison and Rusty Wallace given guaranteed starts when they were rookies?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 12:37:14 AM »

Brian, I don't think it's fair either, and no, those future legends could only wish for the breaks today's rookies receive.  But it is not unprecedented either.  In 2003, Ganassi also had two rookies: Jamie McMurray and Casey Mears.

Also, I find it odd that the new Mears-Home 123 team has not yet been assigned a number.  We all know (especially from this past weekend) that the fourth Ganassi team is #39.  However, I have just read in Jayski that the sponsor wants #23, which currently belongs to Bill Davis.  This was once a full-time team, but has been part-time for the last two years.  Therefore, Davis may give Ganassi the number.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: