November 17, 2017, 08:40:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PA Announcer at Indy  (Read 690 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: August 10, 2005, 10:44:50 PM »

Maybe it's just me but every year i go to indianapolis the day before the race is ran i hear a lot of people boo jeff gordon and tony stewart as well.

Like last year in 2004 when both jeff qualified and when stewart qualified too me it sounded like a majority of the crowd booed both of them.

In 2004 the pa pa stands for public address announcer dave collabro tried to say a majority of the crowd was cheering jeff gordon from where i was sitting  it sounded like a lot of booing and not cheering.

I don't know why these announcers have to make up excuses for somebody.

I wouldn't want someone always making up excuses for me.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 04:00:51 PM »

I think Dave knew that the crowd was booing Jeff Gordon, but he wanted to make it look good for those who didn't want to have to explain why the adopted Hoosier (was born in Vallejo, CA) received so little support.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 08:22:18 PM »

Yeah that's right jeff is really not a hoosier boy actually jeff is a sunshine boy cause he was born in california and lived there until he was 13.

Didn't he move to indiana to run midgets or sprint cars or 1 of the 2?

Would california not let jeff run them because of him being only 13 at the time.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:22:04 PM »

That's correct.  Jeff Gordon was beating all of his competition in his age group and wanted to drive bigger sprint cars.  Unfortunately, no one in California would license him.  Gordon's stepfather, John Bickford, had family in Indiana and moved him there.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: