November 24, 2017, 04:25:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota Truck Series Broadcast  (Read 544 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 14, 2005, 05:38:53 PM »

Funny, Vivian should bring up Toyotas.  I'm sorry but the SPEED crew was SO disgusting with their blatent bias towards the Toyota trucks running at Nashville!  I understand the company sponsored the race, but you would've thought the broadcast crew got paid $100 every time they said the "T" word!   :x  

Then it wasn't enough to have 3 people in the booth, they had to add ole DW for part of the race too.  I don't care who it is, but FOUR guys trying to all talk at once is too much.  Plus, once Mr. Self-Promotion joined them, I pretty much lost interest in the race.  Besides the fact, it seemed like non-stop commercial for HIS team and driver.  At that point, I started fast-forwarding through most of the commentary until, thankfully, he left.  It was almost like they knew his driver had gotten "the call" when Ray Dunlap suggested he come down to the pits to get ready for Victory Lane.  Even though there were many laps left to run in the race.  

Once, SPEED came back from a commercial to show on-screen promos for the Toyota drivers and some other thing and then went away again.  Of course, I don't know why I ever expect more from the SPEED Channel in their race coverage.  I'm still an idealist, I guess.  

But ever since Toyota entered the truck series and bought a big chunk of advertising on SPEED, it's like Ford, Dodge and Chevy barely exist.  They certainly didn't last night, that's for sure.

Really, really bad coverage if you ask me...Glad I chose to watch the whackerfest at Watkins Glen first so I could ff'd through so much of this "coverage."

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 08:33:03 PM »

I started watching the race but like Cheryl I kind of just forgot it when DW went up to the booth and started his promotions and agenda.  I did check back later and saw him with the guitar in victory lane.  I wondered if he had asked for one for himself also.  

What I did see of the broadcast and race did not impress me this week.

I did enjoy an ARCA race though....
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 08:37:04 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I started watching the race but like Cheryl I kind of just forgot it when DW went up to the booth and started his promotions and agenda.  I did check back later and saw him with the guitar in victory lane.  I wondered if he had asked for one for himself also.

You know, I even fast-forwarded through the Victory Lane interviews because I knew DW would be there.  That's something I NEVER do, even if I don't like the winner.  I'm kind of neutral about Reutiman, but would've listened normally since I love to see first-time winners.  Just not this time.  Figured Reutiman wouldn't get much time himself since his truck owner was present.  Did stop and listen to the other top finishers interviews though.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:00:30 AM »

I was at ESPN Zone in Anaheim.  When the race coverage was supposed to start, we got the start of last week's event at Indianapolis Raceway Park.  Speed Channel showed a crawl explaining why it was not showing live from Nashville at that time, but I didn't look at it because their explanations of everything are silly.  We missed the national anthem and invocation, but came back in time for the command to start engines--from DW, as Cheryl is so painfully aware.

Also, I watched the rebroadcast today, and Speed didn't show the parts that were not shown the first time.  I can only conclude that the picture was bad and could not be shown on the screen, so Speed waited until the picture cleared before the broadcast started.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 12:10:26 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
I was at ESPN Zone in Anaheim.  When the race coverage was supposed to start, we got the start of last week's event at Indianapolis Raceway Park.  Speed Channel showed a crawl explaining why it was not showing live from Nashville at that time, but I didn't look at it because their explanations of everything are silly.  We missed the national anthem and invocation, but came back in time for the command to start engines--from DW, as Cheryl is so painfully aware.

Also, I watched the rebroadcast today, and Speed didn't show the parts that were not shown the first time.  I can only conclude that the picture was bad and could not be shown on the screen, so Speed waited until the picture cleared before the broadcast started.

I forgot all about that Desmond, thanks for mentioning it.  It REALLY bugged me that their silly crawler didn't adequately describe why the race was being delayed.  I suspected it was because of rain and before I could fast-forward to the actual starting point, Lou went on the computer and checked to see if it was actually run, so he he saw who won before we watched it.  Thankfully, he knew better than to tell me.   :lol:

But the point is if they were having technical difficulties getting the remote from Nashville, why could some adult at SPEED channel just post that on the screen instead of that childish dribble we keep getting from them?
 :evil:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: