November 18, 2017, 08:51:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We haven't lost our soul yet  (Read 850 times)
sally
« on: August 08, 2005, 06:55:25 PM »

I find it encouraging to read that Baby Brian hasn't totally succeeded in mutating Nascar everywhere yet.

http://www.post-trib.com/cgi-bin/pto-story/sports/z1/08-08-05_z1_spor_04.html

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 07:24:39 PM »

Hey Sally,

Can you cut and paste that article here (with the author credit)?  I tried and tried and I can't get that site to load.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:22:51 AM »

Cheryl, I just used my link here, and got the article.  Don't know why yours isn't working?  I found the article at Jayski.  It's by Justin Breen

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 12:36:01 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Cheryl, I just used my link here, and got the article.  Don't know why yours isn't working?  I found the article at Jayski.  It's by Justin Breen

I still can't get the article to load this morning, but we've got lot's of anti-virus stuff here, so that may be the reason.  Oh well...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 04:29:43 PM »

I read the article yesterday, Sally, so try again.  If it still does not load, send an e-mail to the manufacturer of your antivirus program.

To summarize the article, Justin was critical of NASCAR fans for their traditional ways and thought that the symbols they used have inhibited the "growth of the sport."  He even claims a hostile work environment for minorities and women.  Yeah, shame on us.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 09:48:59 PM »

It would not load for me either so I am in the same boat as Cheryl and can't read it.  I tried several times even to writing it down and keying in the addy.  Would like to read it if you can copy and paste.

thanks.
sally
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 11:48:40 PM »

I couldn't get to it today after I got it earlier.  So, I can't even cut and paste it.  Sorry.  It was basically about the stereotypical 'ugly Nascar fan'...you know, the beer gutted, no teeth, hairy, confederate flag waving yahoo that everyone thinks is a "typical" stock car fan.  Guess the guy never looked at the crowd at an NFL game too closely.  BUT....the UPside to that is that, hard as Baby Brian has tried, the image of Nascar apparently hasn't changed all that much.  Maybe there's hope for race fans after all!!

sally :mrgreen:
Smallblock bored
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 04:43:48 AM »

Often times a writer has to use gasoline to light the grill. More often than not it could be attributed to being new to the scene and writing what he thinks he hears and thus thinks. Ignorance is like oil sometimes as it lets flow a gapping flood of already been done been there done that articles that go nowhere fast but rather get the the short memory feathers ruffled. In closing I have a micro-word-doc that has title subject matter listed for about four strong years and poking fun at Cup fans is a great way to get your stuff in good magazine-------Good magazines they are nice to hold on to. Keep plugging away folks news is news but yelling out your window that its raining don't help much.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 03:50:24 PM »

Vivian, what message did you receive when you tried to read the article?  I ask because newspapers do not keep their articles online for more than a few days.  After that, they will ask you to pay to use their archive.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 10:43:41 PM »

Desmond, no message at all.  Just a blank screen was all it would pull up with the addy.  3 times...just blank after loading.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 03:56:06 AM »

Don't tell me angel's gone and lost his soul again?

Angel is a charcter on 2 tv shows i watch he lost his soul when he experienced a perfect moment of happiness with buffy in season 2 of buffy in parts 1 and 2 of becoming.

Whenever i hear about someone losing their soul i think of angel.

Or should i say angelus.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 03:55:51 PM »

Bryan, good point but too far out of topic.  I'm reporting you to Cheryl! :lol:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: