November 22, 2017, 06:30:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scheduling  (Read 1143 times)
sally
« on: August 06, 2005, 02:58:03 AM »

The village must be looking for it's idiot again.  TNT and Speed have scheduled Busch and Cup qualifying opposite each other on Saturday at 6 PM.  Since qualifying for both series are run earlier in the day, why would they show them at the same time?  Is this the same genius that 'jiggled up' Nascar Nation?  Talk about bad planning!

sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 04:38:04 PM »

These changes have actually taken place throughout the last few months.  Both FX and TNT are using the Cup qualifying sessions to lead into the Busch television coverage if the Busch race is at night.

The only possible explanation is to try to maximize the ratings for both, and therefore the value of the contracts.  Remember, negotiations are going on now for races in 2007 and beyond.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 11:14:30 PM »

You know, I never thought much about this until I was scrolling to set the truck and Busch race tomorrow.  Guess what!  The are scheduled at the same time on different channels.  What are they thinking?Huh?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 12:07:20 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
You know, I never thought much about this until I was scrolling to set the truck and Busch race tomorrow.  Guess what!  The are scheduled at the same time on different channels.  What are they thinking?Huh?

I think you are mistaken, Vivian.  One is at 2:00 and the other at 5:00.  Now the ARCA race from Nashville IS on at the same time as the 2:00 Busch race.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 04:23:55 AM »

Sorry, my boo-boo. :oops:

However, it did work out that way due to rain delay. :-D   Something made me say that.... :twisted:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 05:29:38 PM »

Sorry, my boo-boo. :oops:

However, it did work out that way due to rain delay. :-D   Something made me say that.... :twisted:

You are correct, Vivian!    And I said that very thing last night:  "Well, Vivian must be psychic!  They DID run the Busch and truck races at the same time after all!"  
 :lol:

We Tivoed the rain-delayed Busch race and watched the ARCA race somewhat live.  Then picked up the BGN race while recording the truck race.  I'm gonna post my thoughts about the truck broadcast in another thread.  I have more than a few...

But overall, a day FULL of stock car racing!  Not a whole lot of it good though.   :cry:   Best was the Hooters race from South Boston IMHO and then we missed the beginning of that since SPEED put it on about 4 hours earlier than scheduled.  But even seeing part of a race I saw live was better than the quality of racing we saw in NASCAR yesterday.

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 10:22:29 PM »

The reason why they put the hooters race on earlier than scheduled was cause of the knoxville nationals getting rained out.

It was reaired again sometime last night but it really made me upset about the speed channel not saying when or if they'll televise the knoxville nationals at all.
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 08:36:21 PM »

We were able to enjoy the Hooters race since the Nationals were indeed rained out.  Don't know when they will televise them.  I really enjoy that kind of racing.  But that scroll at the bottom of the screen just irked me something terrible.  Where do they come up with all that stuff?Huh?
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 08:41:25 PM »

The knoxville nationals from what i've read will not be televised at all by the speed network.

They left the track they wanted more money to stay there 1 extra day.

And the track wouldn't gie it to em.

I blame the speed network - fox for this.

It just goes to show what they care about is the money.

They could care less about the racefans.

I think the deal with that thing on the bottom of the screen was to make a lot of people upset.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 08:42:51 PM »

Whoops i mispelled the word give i spelled it as gie.

That's what i get for typing too fast.
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 08:52:59 PM »

Bryan, did you know you can go in and edit your posts if you want rather than just posting a new one?  Just in case, the edit feature is on the top right of your post and you can just click on it and go right back in and make changes if you wish.  Weren't sure you were aware you can do that.  I know I have to use it a lot cause like you I get to typing too fast and make errors.  That is cause my thoughts go faster than my fingers... Wink
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 09:05:46 PM »

Bryan, did you know you can go in and edit your posts if you want rather than just posting a new one?  Just in case, the edit feature is on the top right of your post and you can just click on it and go right back in and make changes if you wish.  Weren't sure you were aware you can do that.  I know I have to use it a lot cause like you I get to typing too fast and make errors.  That is cause my thoughts go faster than my fingers... Wink

Thanks for mentioning that, Vivian!  Also, I'm not sure if you all have this feature or I only have it as moderator, but there is also a button to delete your post entirely.  It's kind of an odd looking button - a box with an "X" in it.  Do you all have that button too?

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 11:52:43 PM »

I also have the "delete" button, although I have never had to use it.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 12:07:29 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
I also have the "delete" button, although I have never had to use it.

Thanks for letting me know, Desmond!  So if anyone accidentally submits a double post, could you please start deleting one of them yourselves?  That would save me from having to go in and do it for everyone.  Thanks!

:-D

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 02:17:03 AM »

I have the delete option when I am in to edit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: