November 22, 2017, 10:03:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase series planned on Speed  (Read 526 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 02, 2005, 12:41:16 PM »

From Jayski:

"Speed Channel plans to launch a weekly show devoted solely to NASCAR's Chase For The Nextel Cup, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal reports. The 10-week series, tentatively titled "The Chase Is On," is scheduled to air from 8:00 to 8:30pm/et Thursdays from Sept. 15 through Nov. 17. Ralph Sheehen will be the host, and the network is looking for a Nextel Cup driver to work with him on a show that is expected to be similar to the NFL Network's "NFL Playbook."

While I'm glad to see Ralph Sheehen get another TV gig (he was excellent at hosting NASCAR Nation), why do these people keep thinking they MUST emulate the NFL?  

And then to put it into primetime?  Didn't they learn their lesson when they moved IWCR this year???  They must be really be full of themselves to believe they can go head to head with the new fall primetime shows.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »

Since I, personally, think the chase is a load of crap, I know I won't be watching this show...another in my long list of reasons not to watch Speed.  As if we don't get drubbed over the head enough with the ridiculous pseudo info..."if the race ended now....how many drivers will be within 400 points, etc.  But, the media thinks the crapshoot is just SOOOO wonderful.

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 04:49:17 PM »

Consider this possibility:
  1-the 8,24,17 and18 cars do not make the "chase";
  What would the TV types talk about?? That possibility must be driving them nuts.
  I bet they will hope that the 2 and 6 cars then battle it out so they have some kind of story line.
 The whole thing is , well, silly, dumb, etc. :roll:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 08:00:40 PM »

Dick wrote:

1-the 8,24,17 and18 cars do not make the "chase";
What would the TV types talk about?? That possibility must be driving them nuts.
I bet they will hope that the 2 and 6 cars then battle it out so they have some kind of story line.

I have no doubt they will still be able to come up with a good story line while lamenting the fact that some drivers are not in.  Media has a good reputation of being able to hype most anything.  JMHO... Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: