November 25, 2017, 02:54:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World War II in color  (Read 720 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: July 25, 2005, 04:04:22 PM »

During one point at yesterday's Pennsylvania 500, as Kurt Busch held a nine-second lead on the way to another dominating victory, I tuned to KOCE, a public television station in Orange County, CA.

The program was The Perilous Fight: World War II in Color.  It was an interesting new look at a story we are all familiar with.  The never-before-seen footage was shot in combat and on the home fronts around the world.

Unfortunately, the station had to advise viewer discretion because some of the footage shown was graphic, but, then again, that's war.

The Perilous Fight was shown over four hours in two parts.  Please check it out if you get the chance.  Thank you.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 09:18:57 AM »

Did it mention the atomic bomb?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 04:35:20 PM »

I'm sure it did, Bryan, but I did not watch that part of the show.  So I don't know what was specifically shown from it.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 01:43:24 PM »

Were there a couple of guys who flew on the planes that carried the atomic bombs didn't a couple of the guys kill themselves because they couldn't live with what they had done or something like that cause didn't those people saw the effects of what the atomic bombs had done?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: