January 17, 2018, 11:09:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does buick still make cars?  (Read 589 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: July 20, 2005, 06:51:52 AM »

And isn't buick a part of general motors?

I know buick ran in nascar sportscar and even indycar but the part of buick i am talking about is the production part you know the street cars the cars that the company sells i just wanted to know if general motors still made buicks.

No i am not getting a car. I just wanted to know if general motors still made buick cars or if general motors gm gave on the buick part of their company a long time ago?

Didn't gm stop making oldsmobiles or maybe a certain type of oldsmobiles?

I was going to say something else but my mind just went blank on me if i think about it i'll post it on the message board later.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 03:31:12 PM »

Yes, Bryan, there are still Buicks being made.  The make advertises heavily during golf tournaments.

However, GM has discontinued the Oldsmobile.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:34:22 PM »

The newest addition to Buick is the LaCross.  Very spiffy and quiet.  The Park Avenue is the elite and wonderful.  I drive a 2002 Century.
sally
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 09:36:52 PM »

Vivian,  where I grew up, in Flint, MI, is where they built the Buick Century.  It was the longest automobile assembly line in the world, and the only US built car to get a high rating for quality.  Shortly thereafter, Buick stopped building the Century and shut down the plant.  They still build trucks and 6 cylinder engines here, and AC has a complex in Flint, but most of GM has left town...Fisher Body is gone, and the plant where they held the first sit down strike is only a plaque on a signpost.  They still build Buicks, but not around here anymore.

Sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 09:41:15 PM »

I heard gm does this and i heard ford maybe doing this is the reason they have this employee discount for everyone cause these car maunfacturers are having trouble selling cars especially with the high prices for gas and other stuff these days?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: