November 17, 2017, 11:59:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Rumor  (Read 1293 times)
sally
« on: July 12, 2005, 01:37:20 AM »

Just read on Jayski that Allen Bestwick will be replaced on IWC with Dave Despain.  Despain is not particularly fond of stock cars, being a motorcycle man.  He hasn't covered Nascar in many years.  I have a hard time imagining him sitting with a bunch of stock car drivers talking nothing but Nascar for an hour.  I wonder how much he'll enjoy Mikey?  I guess their 'new look' nascar nation was such a huge hit they can't wait to make over everything else?

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 12:25:33 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Just read on Jayski that Allen Bestwick will be replaced on IWC with Dave Despain.  Despain is not particularly fond of stock cars, being a motorcycle man.  He hasn't covered Nascar in many years.  I have a hard time imagining him sitting with a bunch of stock car drivers talking nothing but Nascar for an hour.  I wonder how much he'll enjoy Mikey?  I guess their 'new look' nascar nation was such a huge hit they can't wait to make over everything else?

How disgusting!  I've never been that much of a fan of Despains and his distain for NASCAR has always been quite evident.  Guess that's another show I won't be watching much longer.

Allen Bestwick does an awesome job on that show and has been there since it's start in 1996.  Guess him getting shoved out of the booth by NBC wasn't enough, now the new head of SPEED shoves him off his own show.   :evil:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:01:03 PM »

I wouldn't call it a done deal just yet.  There have been rumors of changes for some weeks, but none have officially happened.

Michael Waltrip and Ken Schrader were not on last night's show, but both were at Indianapolis Motor Speedway testing.

But if Despain is indeed named the host, what would that say about the channel's opinion of NASCAR, on the heels of the changes at NASCAR Nation?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 08:31:30 PM »

Since Inside Cup is no longer on my list of shows to watch, can someone tell me if Mikey is really off the show?  And who replaced him if he is?  It was announced that he would not be on the show sometimes late June.  But since I am not keeping up with it, I don't know.

I would not mind Dave Despain at all but Alan is the mainstay.  Is he being removed or is it by choice?  And how did it really happen that he is not in the booth and Weber is?  I honestly don't know.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 08:49:56 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
 And how did it really happen that he is not in the booth and Weber is?  I honestly don't know.

There was small column in the last Winston Cup Scene that the producers at NBC thought Weber added more "dynamics" or some such weasel word to Wally and Benny in the booth.  They found this when he substituted after Allen's broken leg.  I find that to be a bunch of hooey.  Just an excuse to make a change.  Allen, Wally and Benny seemed to get along just fine IMHO.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 10:21:23 PM »

I like Allen, and I kinda like Despain too, but no way is Dave the man for the "Inside whatever Cup" show. But again, I don't watch it because of Mikey, so they clearly are not trying to satisfy my tastes. :roll:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 11:50:19 PM »

I wonder what Allen did to piss of the new guy at Speed?  First they kick him out of the booth (though I think he's great on pit road), now they want him off IWC?   This new weasel in charge at Speed seems to have been paying too much attention to how Baby Brian does 'business'.

Which reminds me...has anyone heard how the ratings are on the new giggle nad jiggle version of Nasscar Nation?  I watched it once, and that was more than enough for me.

Sally
sally
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 12:19:46 PM »

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/12116797.htm

The word is now official.  How long do you think it will Take Kevin to ruffle Mikey's feathers?

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 12:31:33 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/12116797.htm

The word is now official.  How long do you think it will Take Kevin to ruffle Mikey's feathers?

Kevin Harvick on a discussion show???  Sounds like they are only looking for controversy IMHO.

Well, they've gone from my favorite show on all of TV back in 99-03 to a show I won't ever be watching again now.  How very sad...I sure hope they find the short-attention 18-25 viewers give them the ratings they want.  Plus they ARE the ones drinking all that Budweiser (or so they tell us). :evil:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 03:41:14 PM »

"time to stir the pot a little" Huh? This Long clown is a real jerk. I hope ole Dave and Kenny enjoy putting up with a bunch of juvenile delinquents, cause I doubt that many adults will wath this show for very long.
  I guess I'm upset because If they had to make some changes, I can think of some GOOD changes in personnel for them. :evil:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 08:14:38 PM »

Dick wrote what Long said:

"time to stir the pot a little"

Huh?  I think he (Long) used the wrong phrase there.  Possibly what he meant was just change the ingredients; but it sure comes out (IMO) as starting some controversy and the hell will the old, let's give these new kids (fans) on the block some young blood against old blood.  JMHO...BTW, is he related to Brian France???  Or did they just go to school together?

Sorry about my attitude, but the whole thing stinks, IMO...
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 04:07:44 PM »

I'll miss the Inside Nextel Cup team.  The chemistry worked well for 10 years, and it shouldn't have ended like this.  Allen Bestwick, in particular, should have been allowed to leave on his own terms.

In 2001, the owners of what was then Speedvision took Inside Winston Cup off the air.  Public outcry led the network to schedule one show that summer; then Fox returned the show to the schedule for good, at Speed Channel, in 2002.

I'm afraid, though, that this time it's permanent. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Smallblock bored
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 04:47:28 PM »

I'll try to be as stale as I can here on this. It seems to me that when most (95 % or so) people are given a job with power over people or production r a situation what happens is that time travels faster than the brain can relate to itself and thus a slow down in the time contnueum accurs. The end result is a person who becomes so wrapped up in themselves the inturn lose contact with the true facts of the situation. The relationship between time and purpose is destroyed and the power that the person posses becomes a block between what is right and wrong, instead replacing it with a tunnel vision existstance that has nothing for the mind to do but try and maniplulate the surroundings with foolish (but self believed) decisions. What is left at the end of this journey is a person who thinks they have more power than they do. A person who has no grasp of logic in the sense of now and the here. A person who is prone to screw everything up they touch. And last but not least a person who thinks it is okay to drink white wine with red meat. The sad part about all this is you have a group of minds that latch on to this thinking in thier own quest for power and inturn believe and follow everything this person does. Thus is one way to make a person into an A%S^&LE
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 04:47:47 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
In 2001, the owners of what was then Speedvision took Inside Winston Cup off the air.  

As I mentioned in my other post, the show was NOT cancelled by the network in 2001, it was an issue with Bestwick's contract with NBC.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: