November 18, 2017, 04:52:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBS 24/7: Akins in, Braun out  (Read 1611 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: July 05, 2005, 04:38:45 PM »

As of Monday night's episode, the cameras on the reality show are following Akins Motorsports (Kasey Kahne/Tyler Walker) and no longer are at Braun Racing, where Shane Hmiel was before he was suspended.

The network gave no explanation.  Was Braun simply tired of the circus, was it an indictment against Braun for not controlling Hmiel enough, or was it something else?

P.S. Can anyone confirm that Winfuel has pulled all advertising?  It has to do with Hmiel's suspension and Dale Earnhardt Jr's struggles, I would think.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 04:44:42 PM »

Desmond wrote:  
The network gave no explanation. Was Braun simply tired of the circus, was it an indictment against Braun for not controlling Hmiel enough, or was it something else?

I would think there were several reasons.  All you mentioned above.  I also think viewer interest was part of it and ratings might have been dropping.  JMO...

Haven't heard anything about Winfuel leaving.  I did notice they put Lefler in the car rather than Hornaday.  Other than that, they have lost a lot of advertising promos with Shane in them so have to make new ones.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 06:22:38 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I would think there were several reasons.  All you mentioned above.  I also think viewer interest was part of it and ratings might have been dropping.  JMO...

I know the show is certainly more enjoyable without Hmiel IMHO.  I'm more interested in watching it since Dover than I was any time before this season.  Sorry to see the Braun team go, as the team members' struggles were interesting.  But glad to see Akins back.  They had the more humorous team members, such as Mr. Shmuck, and I've missed them this season.  

Quote from: "Vivian"
Haven't heard anything about Winfuel leaving.  

Me either.  On the contrary, I've read the sponsor is behind the team solidly despite the issues with Hmiel.  

I believe they only put Leffler in the car for the Busch race at Daytona because he ran so strongly there last year.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 04:09:45 PM »

Vivian and Cheryl, I meant TV advertising, not sponsorship of the car.

Winfuel and Braun Racing will continue to be partners for the rest of the season, and Jason Leffler (ninth in the first camera-free race for Braun) will return at Chicagoland.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 05:11:43 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Vivian and Cheryl, I meant TV advertising, not sponsorship of the car.

Well, I'll stay up and applaud if we got to see LESS (no more) of their commercials.  I'm SO tired of being innundated with them on every racing-related show this season!  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: