November 18, 2017, 01:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: France Claims No Changes to Chase This Year  (Read 436 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Cheryl
Moderator
Hall of Fame
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5407



WWW
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:49:23 PM »

If you go to Jayski's news page (http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm), there is a transcript from a teleconference with Brian France.  Scroll down past the titles from articles to about the middle of the page and it is the first "news" item.

Thank goodness he said they wouldn't allow a fan vote to get guys into the Chase if they don't make it on performance!  I swear if he'd done something like that, I'd have refused to watch the farce of the last 10 races.  Bad news is he says he might consider making changes for next year.  Ugh...

Cheryl
Logged
Desmond
All-Star
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 3672



« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 03:57:29 PM »

When I read that headline, I was reminded of Darrell Waltrip's suggestion last year that the Chase should be expanded to 15 drivers.

What is he doing, turning it to the hockey playoffs?

Then again, NASCAR racing as we have known it is now as invisible as the locked-out ice sport, right? :oops:
Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!