November 21, 2017, 07:17:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch Broadcast  (Read 557 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 27, 2005, 12:50:10 AM »

Just a couple of quick things I noted.

TNT didn't even show the invocation or National Anthem, while MRN did.  TV was busy showing us commercials and a video montage instead.  Not a good move if you ask me...guess the military person playing the Anthem on an organ wasn't sexy enough for TV.

Darn!  Can't remember the other things.  I know there was something they did good that I wanted to mention.  Will add it later if I remember.  Suffering from CRS after being bombarded by Fox all day long today.   :shock:

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 01:14:19 AM »

It was FX Cheryl, you know the "new episode of Rescue Me this Tuesday" channel. Smiley

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 03:30:37 AM »

How long a rain delay was there before they pulled the plug and did nascar make the right decision in calling the race?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 12:27:43 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
How long a rain delay was there before they pulled the plug and did nascar make the right decision in calling the race?

I'm not sure, but I'd say about an hour or so.  We were falling asleep Sat night, so we went to bed around 11:00 (and before it started raining).  I set the Tivo to record 1 1/2 hours past the scheduled stop time for the broadcast.  We watched it Sunday morning.  They had a few driver interviews after it first started raining, then when it stopped and they began track drying, FX switched to a repeat of 360.  They didn't get through it all before they came back and showed it was raining again.  That's when they told us NASCAR has called the race.  I think they made a real effort to get it in, but Mother Nature wasn't cooperating.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: