February 19, 2018, 03:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New track site for Washington state  (Read 316 times)
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: June 24, 2005, 12:56:13 PM »

Here's an article about a new location - Bremerton - for the possible Washington state track.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-washingtontrack&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lou

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 04:25:39 PM »

So NASCAR will try, try again in the Pacific Northwest.  But with one of the state's top legislators giving the new proposal only a 50/50 shot, ISC will again have to sell it hard.

Still, NASCAR/ISC is determined; after all, the Northwest is the only part of the country without a major-level NASCAR event at this point.  The closest event is at Sonoma, some 1,000 miles from Seattle.

Once again, Darlington, Martinsville and Pocono seem to be on the hot seat for retaining their Nextel Cup dates.

Also, I would like to ask Vivian if she plans to see races at a new track in the Northwest if it is built successfully.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 08:00:36 PM »

Bremerton is on Puget Sound and personally I cannot see a racetrack there.  But one never knows.  I don't understand all the political aspects of why they choose certain towns.  I would think traffic would be a major concern.  But then I don't know what aspects of anything they look at.

Desmond, if location, racing and competition are good, I may consider going to one.  But not to Bremerton because I personally do not like that area.  The size and style of track would also play a part in in.  Overall, I would have to say I probably would not be going.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: