November 18, 2017, 01:59:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone see yesterdays debacle in formula one.  (Read 591 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: June 20, 2005, 05:10:19 AM »

I won't even call it a race i think the people who run formula one need to be horsewhipped.

As well as a few of the drivers. And teams and michelin.

I think they should have thought about the money some of those fans paid to see that race.

That's 1 reason why i have lost interest in formula one over the years is because of the politics and the money that's why i don't watch a lot of stick and ball sports either cause of the politics and butt kissing by a lot of athletes and such.

Also i think it's pretty bad when the politics of f1 ruin a race what could have been a good race for the fans.

I hate the rules for this year anyways no tire changes i've been saying for the past few months what's going to happen at the longer f1 races what if it puts someone in danger if they cut a tire and have a huge crash.

I think formula one needs to allow tire changes again.

I'm not even going to call what happened today a race.

I feel sorry for the fans who traveled a long ways to watch that cause a lot of those people lost money they may never get back.

I knew a few people who went to that race too.

I personally feel the teams who did not compete should be punished in 1 form or another.

And they should pay money i think the speedway should have sent somebody out asking fans's names and addresses so they could refund them not only that have the f1 teams pay the fans as well.

I hope nothing like this ever happens in nascar indycar or any other series and i hope politics don't affect or get as big in nascar as they are in formula one i highly doubt that nascar will allow this to happen in their series.

I know nascar may have politics in their series but hopefully it will never get like formula one.

And i have a feeling formula one lost a lot of fans in the united states today.

They may have hurt their chance of becoming a major player in the us.

In away i don't think the speedway will ever host another f1 race they might but who knows i'm surprised all those people stayed around though.

I mean what promoter wants to take a chance that almost the entire field will not run in the race that the promoter staged.

I'll bet a lot of american racecar drivers made fun of the f1 guys today as well as a lot of fans here in the united states.

I know long beach was trying to get the us grand prix back but i'm not sure if they want it back now.

Unfortuanately todays us grand prix goes to show all of us what happens when a big time sporting group organization or series allows politics and money to be number 1 and reign supreme.

I was going to say a bunch of other stuff but i can't think of anything else to say about this.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 05:16:37 AM »

I just thought of a couple of things there were a couple no 3 races affected by safety issues.

Back in the 1970's at talladega in a nascar race most teams withdrew similar to what happened in todays f1 race because high speed and safety and tire issues.

In 1998 at daytona beach the july daytona race as most of us know was cancelled because of the fires caused by dry weather.

Aren't fires caused by dry weather called wild or brushfires?

And in 2001 or 2002?

There was a cart indycar race in texas cancelled because of driver safety issues - high speed drivers complained of dizzyness.

And in 2003 the cart indycar california race was cancelled due to the fires in california.

In both cases wasn't cart sued?

Speaking of sued and lawsuits i'll bet there are going to be a few lawsuits isssued cause of what happened in yesterdays grand prix.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 05:21:25 AM »

I think there was something ironic mentioned during yesterdays grand prix it was mentioned when the ferrari cars almost made contact that didier peroni disobeyed team orders from ferrari and passed gilles villeneuve for the win.

And gilles villeneuve said he would never talk to peroni again he was right he never did talk to him again cause gilles was killed unfortuanately wasn't he killed in practice for the san marino grand prix?

It would have been something had reubens said that same comment about schumacher.

Just as long as it doesn't have the same results of what happened to gilles villeneuve.

Speaking of gilles does anyone know how old jacque his son was when gilles was killed?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 04:40:39 PM »

Actually, Bryan, the 1998 Pepsi 400 wasn't cancelled outright due to the Florida wildfires, it was rescheduled to October.

That race was the first one ever held at Daytona International Speedway at night.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 10:36:53 PM »

I did not watch the race but read an article in USA Today about it.  It must have been pathetic.  I feel so sorry for those fans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: